Steroid injection and high BS levels

Status
Not open for further replies.

Carina1962

Relationship to Diabetes
Type 2
I had a steroid injection in my upper arm last night as i have bursitis (an inflammation of some sort). The GP said that my BS levels would rise for a few days and they have done, has anyone else had steroids and their levels gone up? my FBG this mornng was 8, it's normally between 6.1 an 7.4

I haven't personally had any experience with steroids Carina, but I know that there have been several discussions on here in the past and it seems almost universal that they will raise your levels. Some people are on them permanently and it causes real difficulty. I hope that the bursitis is cleared quickly and you can get back to normal soon 🙂

Interesting info there - I am scheduled for a steroid injection next Wednesday for the acute tennis elbow I've been suffering for the last 2/3 months. Will defo keep extra eye on levels!

I had 2 steroid injections back in December as I was at risk of early labour. They sent my BS bonkers for 3 or 4 days, I had to run a 400% basal rate for the first 2 days to rein in the levels.

I sincerely hope I never have to have steroids again!

I had 7 steroid injections in my back last month and for about a week or so my BS went really screwy and were in the high teens and 20s..

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back