Staying cool this summer

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ciara DUK

Supporter Care Advisor
Hey all!

I was wondering if the forum might have some tips on staying cool in the hot weather?

Hot weather can affect blood glucose readings - what are some of your experiences with this? 🙂

For me, the best I've got is using a fan for a bit, and keeping my curtains part-closed...

One day last week I was in absolute dire straits due to being too hot so a family member with an American fridge got me some big blocks of ice into a towel and rolled it up and came and stuck it round my neck. I instantly froze and shrieked. Worked a treat. :rofl:

I work from home and, unlike offices, my house does not have air conditioning and I usually work in the attic so it can get pretty warm.

I open my windows wide first thing in the morning when it is still cool outside and then close them when outside is hotter than inside.
I keep my curtains drawn all day to insulate the house and keep the heat out.
I spend as much time as possible downstairs as heat rises.

I find fans are limited use in a smallish room because they are just recycling the same warm air.

At night, I have a cool shower before going to bed under a duvet cover without a duvet in it.

My mother fills a hot water bottle with cold water to keep cool but I have not got that hot and bothered yet.

One day last week I was in absolute dire straits due to being too hot so a family member with an American fridge got me some big blocks of ice into a towel and rolled it up and came and stuck it round my neck. I instantly froze and shrieked. Worked a treat. :rofl:

Thank goodness for that, got to family member with an Anerican fridge part & thought they were going to put you in it @Ditto

Just go into the office to work. It’s freezing.

2014 taken by ambulance for severe dehydration thanks to metformin issues and not being able to keep fluids in.

You’re all gonna hate me and call me a show off but look what I got fitted today.

Attachments

• IMG_7710.jpeg
    IMG_7710.jpeg
    27.4 KB · Views: 10
Well I’m hoping it’s an aircon unit, but I haven’t tried it out yet so I suppose it could be anything :rofl:
Thought it might be but wasn’t sure as looked like a massive speaker, better check!

I have a lot of solar… so you probably still hate me right :rofl:
2g02wa7.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back