Statins?

Status
Not open for further replies.

belugalad

Relationship to Diabetes
Type 2
I was prescribed stains about 6 weeks ago as my triglycerides were high I think the number was about 200.I had had 2 good years of figures after being classed as a diabetic in remission but I probably had not eaten so cleanly the last year and have put weight on so I'm not sure if that's why things have changed.
The stating that I take is Atorvastatin 20mg,I'm wonder if anyone else on here has found that they make you feel hungry as I do so I'm going to have to be careful.Also I believe that they increase blood sugars and can cause type 2 diabetes so I'm a bit worried about that.Has anyone managed to keep their weight down while taking Statins? I think I'm going to have to have to clean out a lot of carbs from my diet again.Any advice is greatly appreciated.

Atorvastatin is I believe the most widely prescribed drug in the world.
I take it. It hasn’t impacted my BG or hunger at all. The only thing it’s done is dramatically improve my cholesterol ratio from unhealthy to mighty fine.

I was prescribed stains about 6 weeks ago as my triglycerides were high I think the number was about 200.I had had 2 good years of figures after being classed as a diabetic in remission but I probably had not eaten so cleanly the last year and have put weight on so I'm not sure if that's why things have changed.
The stating that I take is Atorvastatin 20mg,I'm wonder if anyone else on here has found that they make you feel hungry as I do so I'm going to have to be careful.Also I believe that they increase blood sugars and can cause type 2 diabetes so I'm a bit worried about that.Has anyone managed to keep their weight down while taking Statins? I think I'm going to have to have to clean out a lot of carbs from my diet again.Any advice is greatly appreciated.
I've been on high intensity statins for 3 1/2+ years now. During that time I've maintained 20kg weight loss and my HbA1c has been constant for most of that time in the low-to-mid 30's. Zero side effects.

I've neve heard that they have an effect on appetite and the T2D risk issue is mainly a red herring - the BG impact is at most very small.

On the other hand, they are brilliant for improving your lipids and reducing your cardiovascular risks.

Atorvastatin is I believe the most widely prescribed drug in the world.
I take it. It hasn’t impacted my BG or hunger at all. The only thing it’s done is dramatically improve my cholesterol ratio from unhealthy to mighty fine.
Brilliant

I've been on high intensity statins for 3 1/2+ years now. During that time I've maintained 20kg weight loss and my HbA1c has been constant for most of that time in the low-to-mid 30's. Zero side effects.

I've neve heard that they have an effect on appetite and the T2D risk issue is mainly a red herring - the BG impact is at most very small.

On the other hand, they are brilliant for improving your lipids and reducing your cardiovascular risks.
That's great ,I just need to keep my chin up and watch my diet and get speed walking again.I'm at least pleased that I haven't had any side effects as of yet

I'm glad to read that you have no issues with Atorvastatin - I took it for a few weeks and it almost finished me off. Took ages to get over it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back