Statins for primary CVD prevention... maybe not..

Status
Not open for further replies.

bulkbiker

Relationship to Diabetes
Type 2

Fascinating look at statins and whether they "work"

Are they good for back ache?
Buy his book and find out.

"Dr Mason has an interest in treating persistent back pain and tendon pain. His physiotherapy background assists him in providing a holistic approach while remaining up to date with the latest treatment approaches."

:rofl:

Thanks for posting that @bulkbiker very interesting as I have several of the side effects mentioned in the video which I do not remember having prior to going onto statins, I might question my Dr on my next visit.

Are they good for back ache?
Unlikely as muscle pain is a well know side effect along with increases in T2 diabetes etc etc etc

Maybe this is a better source than someone on YouTube:

This Review is intended to help clinicians, patients, and the public make informed decisions about statin therapy for the prevention of heart attacks and strokes. It explains how the evidence that is available from randomised controlled trials yields reliable information about both the efficacy and safety of statin therapy. In addition, it discusses how claims that statins commonly cause adverse effects reflect a failure to recognise the limitations of other sources of evidence about the effects of treatment. Large-scale evidence from randomised trials shows that statin therapy reduces the risk of major vascular events (ie, coronary deaths or myocardial infarctions, strokes, and coronary revascularisation procedures) by about one-quarter for each mmol/L reduction in LDL cholesterol during each year (after the first) that it continues to be taken

Unlikely as muscle pain is a well know side effect along with increases in T2 diabetes etc etc etc
I guess your osteopath there has a double whammy on selling you books on fringe medicine then Eddie.

If only Rory Collins wasn't the gatekeeper of all the statin data which has never been released for public appraisal...

I'll happily never take them.. and with, I think, good reason. Everyone should be able to make up their own mind.

He keeps it all on a IBM XT in his bedroom, and won't give it back?
What a very naughty boy.

Last edited by a moderator:
I find tea leaves answer all my questions about medicine. Try it!

I find tea leaves answer all my questions about medicine. Try it!
I just did - it must have been Chinese tea as I couldn't understand a word.

I just did - it must have been Chinese tea as I couldn't understand a word.

Dr Peter Englebert-Smith-Jones-Quack on YouTube has a whole channel about reading tea leaves to sort out your medical problems. Send him your credit details and he'll send you his new book as well!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back