Statins and BMs

Status
Not open for further replies.
Quite a well known side effect.

Just love the way they are sold as "rarely dangerous" as if T2 diabetes was benign...

I know, but still a pain! I'm always well controlled and hate not being able to control it. I'll get used to it I guess

I know, but still a pain! I'm always well controlled and hate not being able to control it. I'll get used to it I guess
Depends how "bad" your cholesterol level is... and whether you think it is problematic..

Depends how "bad" your cholesterol level is... and whether you think it is problematic..
My total cholesterol is just over the limit 5.1. But long family history of heart disease ans 15 years of diabetes means it is now recommended.

My total cholesterol is just over the limit 5.1. But long family history of heart disease ans 15 years of diabetes means it is now recommended.
Did you get a full lipid panel or just the fairly meaningless "total cholesterol" number?

As always it's up to you what medication you take.
No-one should try to force you to.

My other levels are within range. Not forced at all, the decision was mine entirely as I lost my father at a very young age, on his side we have quite a lot of heart disease. NICE guidance also advices statins.
But the decision was mine, I'd rather do everything in my power to be around for as long as possible, and as healthy as possible.
I just need to get my pump settings right to cover this. It was a quiet rant on my part , everything is going well and then a tablet ruins your balance! Aaaargh!

My other levels are within range. Not forced at all, the decision was mine entirely as I lost my father at a very young age, on his side we have quite a lot of heart disease. NICE guidance also advices statins.
But the decision was mine, I'd rather do everything in my power to be around for as long as possible, and as healthy as possible.
I just need to get my pump settings right to cover this. It was a quiet rant on my part , everything is going well and then a tablet ruins your balance! Aaaargh!

A very sensible choice.
Hope you get the hang of it soon 🙂

But ..
'The increase generally occurs when blood sugar levels are already higher than normal'.
As is often the case for people with all the various forms of diabetes....

Given your family history your doing right thing, would do same as you.

Being on pump you should be able to get those bg levels under control in no time, so recommend doing some basal testing & adjust from there.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back