Starting to get into a bit of routine for bed

Status
Not open for further replies.

rayray119

Relationship to Diabetes
Type 1
Pronouns
She/Her
Startingbto get into a bit of a bed timebriutine regarding blood sugers.

Below 6 eat somthing.
Between 6 and 7 check on it a bit later
Between 7 and 10 leave it
Above 10 say around 12 leavw it alone for now as it might go down on its on but try and check on it a bit later.

Night times canbe a challenge, and I follow roughly the same ideas as you. I think the Libre 2 is good for a back up if it goes down. My Endo said having a cracker with cheese before bed was good as it combined fibre with protein to make it last but I still went hypo.

Night times canbe a challenge, and I follow roughly the same ideas as you. I think the Libre 2 is good for a back up if it goes down. My Endo said having a cracker with cheese before bed was good as it combined fibre with protein to make it last but I still went hypo.
unofrtullty still without sensors

Unfortunately the replacement sensors Abbott were sending still havent arived. Would really like to have one tonight ad just checked my sugers before bed and they were 4.4. I have eaten a packet of crisps i just hoping it works at keeping me up.

I wouldn't rely on crisps. I've had type 1 for over 40 years and found the best thing (if not a cracker and cheese!) is weetabix with honey, or wholemeal toast before bed.

A small (45g) bag of Walkers ready salted crisps = 24g carb and 14g of fat which will actually slow the absorption of the carbs down - whereas a dry Weetabix and honey is approx the same carbs but faster acting, slice of toast with butter c18g carbs but at east the butter slows the carbs - so for me personally a PDQ increase of about 7.0 on my meter. Cracker (5g) and cheese, again the fat in the cheese slows the carbs - I don't see how you can possibly compare those 3 suggestions pre bed as being equal.

Ray, we don't know how fast either would be, and so he'll be able to see now what his Libre graph did overnight with the crisps, won't he? - and base his future dealing with this issue on that.

yes i am. it seems i have misleading username
It was a post I saw on a Type 1 group on Facebook the other day saying they weren't sure if they wanted stick with the new Levemir as basal and possibly go back to Tresiba after seeing the same thing on here that made it click it was probably you lol xx

It was a post I saw on a Type 1 group on Facebook the other day saying they weren't sure if they wanted stick with the new Levemir as basal and possibly go back to Tresiba after seeing the same thing on here that made it click it was probably you lol xx
well that misiikes been made before

I know now - I have previously known ladies called that, but both spelled Rae hence obviously female.

Unfortunately the replacement sensors Abbott were sending still havent arived. Would really like to have one tonight ad just checked my sugers before bed and they were 4.4. I have eaten a packet of crisps i just hoping it works at keeping me up.
Did it work?

Did it work?
Well i did wake up feelling skaking the next morning so maybe not but when i tested for backfast that day i think they were 8 point somthing.

Well i did wake up feelling skaking the next morning so maybe not but when i tested for backfast that day i think they were 8 point somthing.
Yes perhaps a bit of weetabix with honey or wholemeal toast would be better than crisps.

A small (45g) bag of Walkers ready salted crisps = 24g carb and 14g of fat which will actually slow the absorption of the carbs down - whereas a dry Weetabix and honey is approx the same carbs but faster acting, slice of toast with butter c18g carbs but at east the butter slows the carbs - so for me personally a PDQ increase of about 7.0 on my meter. Cracker (5g) and cheese, again the fat in the cheese slows the carbs - I don't see how you can possibly compare those 3 suggestions pre bed as being equal.

Ray, we don't know how fast either would be, and so he'll be able to see now what his Libre graph did overnight with the crisps, won't he? - and base his future dealing with this issue on that.
That depends on other factors though such as type and dose of insulin, the direction of glucose levels before bed, etc. I wouldn't recommend crisps, not robust enough. Fat slows the carbs yes, so the butter on toast helps. The fibre in toast is also important. Weetabix with a bit of honey isn't particularly fast acting.

Yes perhaps a bit of weetabix with honey or wholemeal toast would be better than crisps.
i wouldnt like to have that as i think i get a spiked with weterbix or shered week with insullin so wouldn't like to have that without i probely woudnt like to have 30g snack before bed as that woud potentionlly cause probelems but maybe i'm wrong. the packet of crisps was 15gs and it usally works if my blood surgers are droping or a toach borderline.

i wouldnt like to have that as i think i get a spiked with weterbix or shered week with insullin so wouldn't like to have that without i probely woudnt like to have 30g snack before bed as that woud potentionlly cause probelems but maybe i'm wrong. the packet of crisps was 15gs and it usally works if my blood surgers are droping or a toach borderline.
Fair enough. There's no way crisps would work for me. I find weetabix with a bit of honey sees me through the night.

Fair enough. There's no way crisps would work for me. I find weetabix with a bit of honey sees me through the night.
I feel like that would be a but 2 much anf send me high

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back