Starting pump tomorrow

Status
Not open for further replies.

rachelha

Relationship to Diabetes
Type 1
Hello

I am starting on my pump tomorrow. WOOOOHOOOOO!!!!!!
I was assessed and approved for the pump back in March 2009. I am still finding it hard to believe that my 2.5 year wait is finally almost over.

I had my last levemir injection this morning. I am not sure how my levels will be overnight without my 7pm jab. I think I will try and have a low carb dinner so I dont end up too high.

I am at work a the moment trying to concentrate but failing miserably.

:D:D:D

Well done worth the wait hope your levels don't got to high before connection

Hello

I am starting on my pump tomorrow. WOOOOHOOOOO!!!!!!
I was assessed and approved for the pump back in March 2009. I am still finding it hard to believe that my 2.5 year wait is finally almost over.

I had my last levemir injection this morning. I am not sure how my levels will be overnight without my 7pm jab. I think I will try and have a low carb dinner so I dont end up too high.

I am at work a the moment trying to concentrate but failing miserably.

:D:D:D

Excellent, brilliant news......it will take you a short while to get used to the pump but I am sure you will like it.....not many people want to give the pump back!!....Which pump are you getting?

Excellent, brilliant news......it will take you a short while to get used to the pump but I am sure you will like it.....not many people want to give the pump back!!....Which pump are you getting?

It is a medtronic paradigm veo. I realise it is not going to give results overnight or without a far bit of input from me.

What do people use as pump cases? Do digital camera cases work?

It is a medtronic paradigm veo. I realise it is not going to give results overnight or without a far bit of input from me.

Congratulations.🙂
Welcome to a lot of sleepless nights until your basal is sorted :D

Pump cases are provided with the pump so don't worry about it unless you want fashion accesories :D

Have you bought yourself the book pumping insulin By John Walsh? If not do so as worth it's weight in gold.

Hope it goes well.....it shouldn't take too long to get into a routine, basal testing is the trickiest thing to get right. Don't do what I did and play golf (a particularly tough and hilly course) on the 1st day I was fitted with my pump.....doh! Hypo'd all the way round! 🙂

How exciting Rachel. Hope it goes really well. I've been put forward for pumping by my DSN and should hear whether or not it's going to happen in a few weeks time. I'll be watching your progress with interest!

M

Rachel all the luck in the world,happy pumping hun xx

Good luck with the pump ! The Veo comes with a case and a clip 🙂

scrathch mits are good for protecting the pump from scratches and not as big as some of the cases provided, im very excited for you 🙂

Very good luck . You wont want to give it back after a week or two. Less stress when u get the hang of it ! 🙂😎

Good luck tomorrow, don't expect too much too soon and you will be fine. I use the veo and up to now have only ever used the clip that comes with it. See how you go once you get used to it there are other variations available on the Medtronic site. You know where we are if you need us as you settle in to pumping. Enoy :D

Bit late (sorry I was on holidays 😛) but congratulations on finally getting hooked up! I can imagine you will have been thrilled, I know I woulndn't have been able to concentrate!

I have a Paradigm Veo as well! What colour do you have? I went for a clear one, but thinking back I probably would have rather had a pink one lol. I personally don't use a case for it, I always just pop it in the pocket of my jeans or if I don't have pockets I wear a sports bra over my normal bra and pop it in there - really handy!

Good luck figuring everything out! My first few months were a little difficult, but still noticeably better than it ever was on MDI. I'm so happy for you!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back