Started on the t slim

Status
Not open for further replies.
Good luck with it. Do let us know how you get on.

Welcome to team tSlim @steveo

Hope the switch from the Insight goes well 🙂

You’ll have to get used to a very different Insulin on Board figure, as the tSlim tracks the whole dose, not just the correction part.

One of the best bits of advice I was given when I was starting pump therapy was to get a copy of Pumping Insulin by John Walsh / Ruth Roberts. Not a light read, but packed full of really useful information.

I’m sure more recent versions than mine will have sections on hybrid closed loops if you are considering running Basal IQ or Control IQ?

Hope your switchover goes smoothly 🙂

I was supposed to have started the Tslim in November, unfortunately though Tslim do not do a 90 degree self insert cannula and their auto insert is not user friendly for anyone with dexterity problems. Basically if you need to use a device to open a bottle of bleach and use 90 degree cannulas you are stuffed.

What has made the situation worse is that I enquired about their cannulas before I started my quest for the Tslim and was assured they in fact did do such a cannula. It transpires the twit on the end of the phone does not know the difference between an angled 20 - 40 degree cannula and a 90 degree cannula.

So bottom line waste of my lovely DSN's time and my hopes dashed.

So annoying for you @Pumper_Sue ! The wrong cannulas can make a pump basically useless. I wish they listed them clearly online but they seem to almost hide some of them. Does your hospital offer the Dana? They’ve got a reasonable range of cannulas, including Teflon 90 degrees and steel 90 degrees, and it can loop.

So annoying for you @Pumper_Sue ! The wrong cannulas can make a pump basically useless. I wish they listed them clearly online but they seem to almost hide some of them. Does your hospital offer the Dana? They’ve got a reasonable range of cannulas, including Teflon 90 degrees and steel 90 degrees, and it can loop.
The Dana isn't offered at my clinic but have seen it and didn't like it one little bit, far to fiddly and to much faff :( I understand the people that do like it and use it find it a fabulous little pump.

Is there any way you could adapt other brands of cannula to use with the T Slim? I’ve done this before with my old Animas pump. Not ideal, of course.

Is there any way you could adapt other brands of cannula to use with the T Slim? I’ve done this before with my old Animas pump. Not ideal, of course.
Unfortunately no as each pump now uses it's own type of connector and I can not find an adapter on line to use. Animas pumps had a Luer lock connection as did many of the other now defunct pumps.

Unfortunately no as each pump now uses it's own type of connector and I can not find an adapter on line to use. Animas pumps had a Luer lock connection as did many of the other now defunct pumps.

I had a quick google too, but only found an adapter you had to make by 3D printing. I know why they do it (money!) but I do dislike the way nothing fits eg sets, insulin cartridges in the ‘wrong’ pen, etc, etc.

I hope you find an answer somehow or an alternative pump that suits you.

Keep us updated on your progress @steveo - any info is extremely welcome to peeps switching to a pump. Hope you’re enjoying the benefits already!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back