Started keto diet

Status
Not open for further replies.

Cherath

Relationship to Diabetes
Type 2
Hi everyone before starting keto diet I was having all sorts of probems. Everytime I'm i ate my body would shake and I would feel generally unwell. It always give me the feeling as though I had been drugged, lightheaded that sort of thing. Sometimes it would feel as though I was going to fit. After all that my glucose would drop to low. I had a very healthy diet. Didn't eat bread, cakes, pastries that sort of thing and no gluten but was still having problems. My nurse was not much help to me. So I looked all over and found that I had reactive hypoglycaemia. This means carbs make you ill getting to the point. I started the keto diet exactly 1 week today. I bought those scales that run with an app programme. I weight myself today a week after I started and I have lost 3.6lb. I'm over the moon as my blood glucose hardly moves. This is just a tip for anybody else that is going through the same. This diet you run off fats, dairy and protein. I know it seems odd having full fat everything on this diet but it is your fuel. Thanks. Cheryl.

I’d be wary of too much fat if you have chronic pancreatitis @Cherath Well done on your weight loss 🙂

Hi Cherath, glad to hear that you’ve got a plan that works for you!

it’s so important to get the right diagnosis as not all symptoms equal the same outcome.

As above, it’s important to double check with your GP re any lifestyle changes so that it doesn’t interfere with anything else.

Congratulations on the weight loss too, sounds like a good start to your journey, so feel free to ask any questions you may have.

Thank you everybody for your encouragement. Still doing well on it. I was wary too about all the fat too but my pancreas hasn't flared for about 3 years now. I don't drink and I don't have nothing fried. It seems to be coping with it. I hope it carries on ok. I'm so pleased my shakes have stopped and the unwell feeling I used to get. Thanks everyone. Cheryl

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back