Started a 6 week course

Status
Not open for further replies.

Heroxy

Relationship to Diabetes
Type 2
Hi all ,hope you are all keeping well in this hot weather?
I started this week a online course for 6 weeks
X-Pert Diabetes , I have a handbook which covers the weekly course I think I have put the cat among the pigeons. As I said when we had to introduce ourselves that I have IBS and on Warfarin so some of the diets may not suit me ie too much fiber.
Still I am hoping to learn some things and new ideas.

Hi all ,hope you are all keeping well in this hot weather?
I started this week a online course for 6 weeks
X-Pert Diabetes , I have a handbook which covers the weekly course I think I have put the cat among the pigeons. As I said when we had to introduce ourselves that I have IBS and on Warfarin so some of the diets may not suit me ie too much fiber.
Still I am hoping to learn some things and new ideas.
Good, it needs people to put the cat among the proverbial pigeons as they need to recognise that managing diabetes does not necessarily conform to the Standard NHS advice and has to take other conditions into account. I hope you get something satisfactory and helpful from it.

I found the XPERT course really good so give it a chance. They advocate for many different diet choices; low carb, low fat and Mediterranean diets so there should be something to suit you and your needs.

Just from personal experience, I’ve found low carb / high fibre has suited my tummy issues perfectly. Most carbohydrate is classed as low residue so from a bowel perspective, it swooshes through at lightning speed. Fibre however is good for your bowel and hangs around for longer 🙂

Good, it needs people to put the cat among the proverbial pigeons as they need to recognise that managing diabetes does not necessarily conform to the Standard NHS advice and has to take other conditions into account. I hope you get something satisfactory and helpful from it.
So do I 🙂 I have a open mind and will take from it what I can

Reactions: Tdm
I found the XPERT course really good so give it a chance. They advocate for many different diet choices; low carb, low fat and Mediterranean diets so there should be something to suit you and your needs.

Just from personal experience, I’ve found low carb / high fibre has suited my tummy issues perfectly. Most carbohydrate is classed as low residue so from a bowel perspective, it swooshes through at lightning speed. Fibre however is good for your bowel and hangs around for longer 🙂
Thank you I have a open mind so we shall see. I cant eat hi fiber with my IBS :-(
I will let you know how I get on

Hope you get on well with the course @Heroxy

Let us know how you find it 🙂

Hi everydayupsanddowns - Well I have done 4 out of the 6 week course. I think I have shown them more than them me. I said that because I am on Warfarin I can not eat as many dark green veg as it effects my INR range(I also suffer with IBS so again it causes problems) The Diabetic nurse did ask and check up about my INR and the following week said I was right about green veg and to talk to my health team about diet. So while others were going on med diet,low carb low fat I have just cut down as much as poss not having toast for breakfast I now have 2 hard boil eggs (protein) some raspberries and yogurt. The other week I felt so down as INR result was not right and I needed to have another one 2 weeks which is this Tuesday and not having a good online course. I think it would be ok if you only had one health issue and not as many as me. I was the first one on the course who was on Warfarin, she had not come across this before. I will stick with the course as I only have 2 more weeks to go. But I think this week it is about looking after yourself ,Feet,eyes etc which I am always doing I put cream on my legs every day after I cam out of hospital over 2 years ago as skin was so dry.

Hi everydayupsanddowns - Well I have done 4 out of the 6 week course. I think I have shown them more than them me. I said that because I am on Warfarin I can not eat as many dark green veg as it effects my INR range(I also suffer with IBS so again it causes problems) The Diabetic nurse did ask and check up about my INR and the following week said I was right about green veg and to talk to my health team about diet. So while others were going on med diet,low carb low fat I have just cut down as much as poss not having toast for breakfast I now have 2 hard boil eggs (protein) some raspberries and yogurt. The other week I felt so down as INR result was not right and I needed to have another one 2 weeks which is this Tuesday and not having a good online course. I think it would be ok if you only had one health issue and not as many as me. I was the first one on the course who was on Warfarin, she had not come across this before. I will stick with the course as I only have 2 more weeks to go. But I think this week it is about looking after yourself ,Feet,eyes etc which I am always doing I put cream on my legs every day after I cam out of hospital over 2 years ago as skin was so dry.
I think the thing with warfarin is that you can eat green leafy vegetables but should try to have the same amount rather than lots, then none, so it is consistent, well that is what a friend's father was told.

Hi All well That was the last one of my Course today 🙂 I have filled in the forms after and said about being on INR and other health issues.
Another question for you ?
Have any of you looked in to or use the ZOE app?
I am not sure how useful it is ? I know you have to pay for it. Thanks in Advance

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back