Spread the word!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Northerner

Admin (Retired)
Relationship to Diabetes
Type 1
There's a discussion over at Tudiabetes about people's favourite diabetes website. If you're a member, please go and add a plug for us! If you're not a member, then it's a site I would recommend - not as good for forum-type discussions as here (obviously!) as everything is very fragmented (into types etc.), but with a lot of good features.

http://www.tudiabetes.org/forum/topics/fav-website

🙂

Just been into the site you mention - quite good isn't it ?

However I will second your thread about this EXCELLENT site when my membership of that one has been "processed".

However I will second your thread about this EXCELLENT site when my membership of that one has been "processed".

It's a very nicely put together site - not overly cluttered with adverts and the like, although I do find the 'discussions' part a bit fragmented and difficult to get to grips with at times (I probably haven't tried very hard though!). Gives you nice flavour of what's going on diabetes-wise in the rest of the world.

Might join up to there, see quite often youtube videos and more interactive stuff going on from there. I'll be sure to plug this site

Thanks for this Alan

I have spent ages reading through a number of relevant points for me and found the content to be really interesting.

More and more I find that Diabetes can be treated my self (albeit in conjusction with meds). You need to find out what your own body tolerates, etc.

I sadly need to lose a LOT of weight and contacted Scottish Slimmers and explained to them insulin injections etc. They sent me a lot of blurb and if followed correctly I am sure that you would lose weight. But, there seems to be a lot of carbs - just what do you eat if you are trying to cut them down. Probably like a lot of folk, over the holidays, you eat more that normal, I for one seem to have developed a liking for sandwiches, this is new to me - but I love seeded bread, crave it almost.

I still have a number of things to read on this website so I will contnue to persue therings and wrongs of carb intake.

Thanks for an interesting read

Hazel

I'm being "processed" too, always makes me feel nervous. They want alot of info don't they I doubt they'll accept me as I gave my full name as my name ere and town was town state was UK!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back