Spooks Diabetic

Status
Not open for further replies.

Curdster

Relationship to Diabetes
Type 1
Diabetic reference made in Spooks last night (BBC 1 9pm).
The diabetic character was supposed to be helping the Middle East peace talks, having become a diabetic for her troubles when she was last captured. Although at the end, the insulin was changed to explosives. Of course....
I hope my pharmacist was not watching!!! Although I am sure some of you may be more cautions round your GP's and DSN's. Don't give them ideas.
And before anyone asks, I am not sure how many carbs in an intravenous Semtex dose!!

Since they couldn't even spell Stansted Airport correctly (appeared as Stanstead Airport on screen), I didn't take it too seriously. It seems that the woman was using diabetes / insulin insulin as a cover story for carrying cartridges of clear fluid that was actually some sort of explosive, not insulin. She seemed to inject into her wrist before the final attempt at detonation. No idea if in-body mixing of explosives is possible.

Semtex is definitely a solid plastic explosive, that looks more like marzipan than anything else, by the way, so a bit difficult to give intravenously.

Last edited:
Did you see it last week when Ruth needed to get through security so sprayed water all over her face and hair to look like sweating and said "I'm hypoglycaemic, I need my shot" I suppose she could have been referring to glucogen but I reckon it was another typical error which the BBC is famous for! She got through though!!

Got 2 questions: so Anna made herself a human bomb by injecting chemical explosive into her body. How was she going to detonate herself? Electric statics from her watch???? Also, she said that long time malnutrition could cause diabetes, is that true?

Wow, after reading this I am really glad I don't watch Spooks! 😛 :D

Got 2 questions: so Anna made herself a human bomb by injecting chemical explosive into her body. How was she going to detonate herself? Electric statics from her watch???? Also, she said that long time malnutrition could cause diabetes, is that true?

Hmm... I'm guessing malnutrition could cause a lot of different problems. For example organ failure therefore Diabetes.

it was cool ...spooks that is ..but with all this 7/7 inquest it does make you wonder how they get around London so quickly ..🙄

Despite a few hic-cups, Spooks is still a fab prog

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back