Spoke to the D Nurse today

Status
Not open for further replies.

sandy

Relationship to Diabetes
Type 2
Rang up to get my figures history. Explained that I had mentioned tingly fingers at last medical. She said that with hba1c at 6.3 down from 6.6 (not 6.5 as I posted earlier) there really is nothing they would do. I am not in pain and there is no point putting me on drugs to reduce levles as they are alreayd fine.

Tonights BG 3 hours after eating and two hours after a 20 minute walk is 5.0 so nothng amiss there.

Why am I so worried about all this?

You are worried because your not sure why you are getting the tingling - or where it is going to take you. (that it is a sign of things to come)

The nurse should have understood that you were worried when you mentioned it. That should have prompted her into giving you either reassurance or an explanation.

Hi Sandy, I think it's natural to feel on edge about everything, especially if you've just had an appointment. I'm the same - even though my numbers are fine, I still feel very tense before the appointment and this stays with me for a while afterwards. You have some good numbers there, so try not to let the diabetes dominate your thinking (easy to say, I know)

try not to let the diabetes dominate your thinking (easy to say, I know)

I know - only been on the forum a couple of days and 41 posts - it's not dominating anything 🙂

Thanks

Hi sandy, I hope you are feeling better. It is natural to worry when we are not sure, and not worrying is easier said than done.

This forum is very reassuring and helpful, better than any proffesionals. I think sometimes the proffesionals see so many people with this kind of thing they become de sensitised to our worries.

Hi Sandy hope you feel better soon, this forum usually takes away most of mu unsureness it always helps me whenever i need it, your doing good sandy xx

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back