Spman, diabetes

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ralph-YK

Much missed Member
Relationship to Diabetes
Type 2
Got this on an e-mail address I only use for applying for jobs, with it on my CV.
e1b.jpg

Whoever the author, English isn't their first language! - eg 'the existing treatments who are ...'

But anyway - the Salk Institute have an excellent reputation - think polio jabs in the early 1950s. So who knows whether anything will come of it yet or not.

Whoever the author, English isn't their first language! - eg 'the existing treatments who are ...'
I heard once that the bad English in spam/cons was deliberate. It was a filter, as those who'd respond to something with poor English were much more likely to follow the thing all the way through to the end. So, of those who did responded, there was a higher "success rate" for the spammers/con men.

I heard once that the bad English in spam/cons was deliberate. It was a filter, as those who'd respond to something with poor English were much more likely to follow the thing all the way through to the end. So, of those who did responded, there was a higher "success rate" for the spammers/con men.

What? You mean that the folk who keep telling us we can earn money by laundering their inheritance, actually get replies ?

What? You mean that the folk who keep telling us we can earn money by laundering their inheritance, actually get replies ?
Apparently they do. Or used to! Unless the stories in the media, claiming people fell for this sort of thing, is a con. The story is it existed before email (old fashioned letters). Not only would they get money, the victim would travel to meet the Price, retired official, daughter (quite pretty, so I've been told).
Once some years ago, they had a 70 year old on Watchdog (tv show) who admitted (?) falling for the Euro Lottery. Multiple times!!??!! Apparently that is a successful version.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back