Spirit Combo Pump

Status
Not open for further replies.

spiritfree

Relationship to Diabetes
Type 1
I have been using the spirit combo for a couple of months and it'g great. However I am not to use the handset until I have been trained to use it. I get training on nov 10th, not long now. How do you manage with the handset? Is it quite easy to use? Thanks folks.

i have the combo pump and handset... seriously its nothing to wory about its sooo easy and the bolus calculator is brill and it shouts at you when your hypo or hi , i dont see you having any problems with it , its a very easy peice of kit to use ...i have seem bm's more complicated! but good luck with it anyway... its gonna make life a whole lot easier for you!:D

Yes I would agree with bex123 that the handset is very easy to use. After I had become accustomed to it I had to force myself to spend a day only using the pump in order to be sure I would know what to do if I ever became separated from it. Must say that this day was a lot more difficult and frustrating for me than any spent using the handset, the handset's wizard makes you a little lazy with calculating doses and I think in anything you can become just a little too dependent on its suggestions. 😱

spiritfree, you seem to have had a long wait for your training. You must be keen to get it finally over and done with. 😎

Its easy to use just a bit different because of information it will give you , i was really lucky when i did the dafne course i was given the patient adviser as a trial ,which is the blood monitor with the bolus adviser you get with the accu-chek combo , as a trial so by the time i got the pump i was used to the handset part anyway 🙂

As others have said its quite straight forward.

I personally think its great! However, as advised do still use the pump manually from time to time, i did not do this for a while and you do forget things, im sure you wont forget how to use pump only as you have been doing it so long already! 🙂

Thanks for the replies. I am really looking forward to training. I have been using a palm pda with accu-chek pocket compass on it. I think it will be very similar to what I am using already.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back