Spikes & Inconsistencey - completely fed up & frustrated

Status
Not open for further replies.

rachelha

Relationship to Diabetes
Type 1
Hello

I am afraid it is my turn for a whinge today.

Today and yesterday I was at 10.7/10.8 before lunch. I have eaten exactly the same thing both days (pitta bread, hummous and raw veg) and given myself the same amount of insulin. Both times I injected about 25 mins before eating.

Yesterday at 2 hours later I was at 11.2 and today I am at 17.8. If anything I was expecting it to be lower today as I went for a quick 15min walk after eating.

I dont feel as thought I am ill at all, in fact I was feeling quite with it this morning.

How on earth am I meant to control anything or spot any trends when it is all completely inconsistent?
:confused:😡:confused:😡

Last edited:
Sorry to hear that the diabetes is messing with your mind Rachel. I've been having some strange results the past couple of days and am trying to pin them down. Trouble is, there are so many factors to consider that even with the same food it's hard to get predictable results sometimes.

Hope things start behaving for you soon 🙂

Unfortunately when your pregnant even if you eat the same thing for each meal it can still be so unpredictable :( what works one day for you doesn't another. I found in the last few months that it didn't matter when I injected before I'd still be high for 3-4 hours before it comes down again. It seemed like my bg's were never in single figures. Don't beat yourself up about it though your doing your best and that's all you can do xx

Back down to 11 now - phew. Not sure if I will now go hypo on the way home as the correction dose must still be in my system.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back