Spent several days in bed recently , exhausted , is this a common experience for us ?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Taffyboyslim

Relationship to Diabetes
Type 2
Didn't get out of bed till 2 pm today and like a few days ago I could have stayed there till tea time

Do some of you guys get these sort of days ?

I am on a medication regime that the medical team think is a good one , appropriate for my condition and I have recently made a huge effort to cut out takeaway rubbish , bread , potatoes , rice and pasta

I am really beginning to eat well and take this condition seriously ......maybe my body is reacting to the lack of carbs ?

Are these days what are called SICK days ?

Thanks for your support and tips

Paul

Hello Paul,
I was diagnosed with Type 2 diabetes 11 months ago. In June this year I tested positive for Covid for the first time. It wasn't like having a cold at all. I just had zero energy and stayed in bed for three days. My husband tested positive for Covid a few days before me (also for the first time). His lack of energy lasted for weeks.
I hope you are feeling better now.

Hello Paul,
I was diagnosed with Type 2 diabetes 11 months ago. In June this year I tested positive for Covid for the first time. It wasn't like having a cold at all. I just had zero energy and stayed in bed for three days. My husband tested positive for Covid a few days before me (also for the first time). His lack of energy lasted for weeks.
I hope you are feeling better now.

You think I have covid ?

Didn't get out of bed till 2 pm today and like a few days ago I could have stayed there till tea time

I am on a medication regime that the medical team think is a good one , appropriate for my condition and I have recently made a huge effort to cut out takeaway rubbish , bread , potatoes , rice and pasta

I am really beginning to eat well and take this condition seriously ......maybe my body is reacting to the lack of carbs ?

Paul

Went back to bed at 330 pm then up again at 515 pm

Paul

It is difficult to speculate, but a goodly proportion of folks experience carb 'flu when the make significant reductions to their carb intake. It could be you're going through that (drink plenty water and it should pass), or you could maybe have a viral thing.

See how you go over the weekend, perhaps.

It is difficult to speculate, but a goodly proportion of folks experience carb 'flu when the make significant reductions to their carb intake. It could be you're going through that (drink plenty water and it should pass), or you could maybe have a viral thing.

See how you go over the weekend, perhaps.

That's what I was thinking

Will check it out and get a covid test

God bless ya x
Just to be clear, carb flu isn't the flu like we have in winter. It's a form of withdrawal. I appreciate the covid test doesn't relate to that.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back