Specialized cognitive therapy improves blood sugar control in depressed diabetics

Status
Not open for further replies.

Northerner

Admin (Retired)
Relationship to Diabetes
Type 1
A program of cognitive behavioral therapy that addresses both mood and diabetes self-care led to improved blood sugar control and produced faster relief of depression in patients with poorly-controlled type 2 diabetes. "The association between depression and type 2 diabetes is well documented, but clinical trials of either medication or psychological treatment for depression have had mixed or negative effects on adherence to treatment programs," stated the lead author.

http://www.sciencedaily.com/releases/2014/02/140224110142.htm

Do you know if they have recognised that depression is also a problem with type 1 diabetics Northener ? Cognitive therapy was the final thing I had which definately helped me with my control quite a few years ago.

Do you know if they have recognised that depression is also a problem with type 1 diabetics Northener ? Cognitive therapy was the final thing I had which definately helped me with my control quite a few years ago.

I think it's one of the standard questions they are supposed to ask of anyone suffering from a chronic disease, TinTin, so Type 1 would certainly fall into the category.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back