Spare guardian 3 sensors

Status
Not open for further replies.

meredith2023

Relationship to Diabetes
Type 1
Hello, I have just upgraded to the 780g pump but still have a lot of supplies of the guardian 3 sensors, some have expiry of last year (tho this seems to make very little difference) some expire this year. Could anyone do with these supplies? Would just be asking for covering cost of fuel or postage. Thanks

Do the Guardian sensors only link up to the Medtronic pump or do they run separately with a phone app? Just wondering if they might be useful to @Lucyr or @gll who don't get sensors on prescription but are both using insulin, so find having sensors beneficial.

• Love
Reactions: gll
So as far as I know they do need a pump to work with. Some of the pumps that use these sensors do work with mobile phone but the pump is the main part of the system and the mobile phone seems just a convenient addition to use alongside. I do have an old 640g pump also that I'd be happy to donate that would work with these sensors. These could then be either used as a CGM for just reading sugars with the pump and sensors and/or with the option of insulin aswell, though they would need to source the consumables for this part either NHS or privately.

Ah, that is a shame, if they can't be used independently. I am not sure that using them through a pump would be practical for people on MDI but I will leave others who may be interested to investigate that option. Thankfully I get Libre on prescription which works well for me, so have no interest for myself, but just thought of those two members as self funding CGMs is so very expensive and beyond some people's budget that this might have been really helpful to them.

• Love
I have some spare libre 2 sensors since i was ahead of myself and then got prescribed dexcom, if they are useful to anyone

• Love
I have some spare libre 2 sensors since i was ahead of myself and then got prescribed dexcom, if they are useful to anyone

@gll would I am sure be interested in the Libre 2 sensors.

• Love
will send you a private message @Tdm

Thanks for thinking of me but I’ve recently been donated 3 libre sensors so okay at the moment.

genuinely love you all for sharing spares. Its too expensive to self fund full time and I'm so much less anxious with sensors on.
My fingertips thank ya x

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back