Spammers

Status
Not open for further replies.

Northerner

Admin (Retired)
Relationship to Diabetes
Type 1
Many thanks to the member who forwarded me a spam Private Message. The spammer in question has been removed, but please do let me or one of the mods know if you ever receive anything suspicious. Some spammers just register then work their way through the list of members without posting so they're not that easy to spot.

Cheers, Northerner and the Mod team

I got a pm from a "new member" with a link, I didn't reply or click the link but assumed it was a spammer.

Pleas always report anything that looks like spam. We are here to help everyone and get rid of the pests. Some of the more sensitve members get worried by this kind of thing.

Sorry to ask a silly question - but what are they looking for? And how do we know they are spammers?😱Bev

Sorry to ask a silly question - but what are they looking for? And how do we know they are spammers?😱Bev

What usually happens is that they pm everyone with something like 'Hi, I'm new', a bit of a message and a website which they hope you'll click on. If you've never seen them before and they haven't posted, then it's best to be suspicious, unless it's obviously someone writing with a message of support or something, with no obvious attempt to sell you something. Usually just common sense.

../Some spammers just register then work their way through the list of members without posting so they're not that easy to spot.

I shan't take it personally then, that I didn't get one, I'm way down the alphabet.

ty for warning as every admin/mods your on the case x

Sorry I didn't report it, I only got it this morning - and then saw this thread so assumed it was dealt with. 😱

Ps. I just checked, and they're already banned - it was someone called "Serendipity".

how weird when i checked in this morning they where in pmming at 7.35 then when i came back at 10/15 then 11 so thats what they must of been upto.

how weird when i checked in this morning they where in pmming at 7.35 then when i came back at 10/15 then 11 so thats what they must of been upto.

Yes, I noticed that too. I thought it was just someone who had logged in then left their computer running on the PM page. It's not always easy to tell, which is why it's best if people report any pm spam they might get.

I got one as well. Took me ages to work out where private messages were and then couldn't open it lol. x x🙂

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back