Spa day :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Proudspirit

Relationship to Diabetes
Type 2
Felt so much better yesterday after eating, had a few biscuits in the afternoon and even had a game of table tennis and badminton... when i say game, we hit the ball and shuttlecock over the nets a few times!

Anyway off tonight to stay with friend for girlie night in before our day at hoar cross hall tomorrow. I did phone to tell them that i was diabetic and they said it was fine but do i need to be aware of anything? ie will saunas etc bring bgs up?

Thanks for any help
Julie xx

Hope you have a lovely time - so pleased you are feeling better and will be able to enjoy it! I think being hot does increase some people's levels, but with others it brings it down! Might be worth testing before and after then you'll know for the future too. I think one of the main things with heat is if you are an insulin user, the insulin gets absorbed more quickly.

Enjoy!🙂

hi julie have a great time wont you ,you lucky lady , you will have to tell us all about it when your back

Hi Julie..

Glad you feeling much better.....Have a great day and enjoy the spa and pampering...:D

Heidi
xx🙂

Hope you have a lovely time - so pleased you are feeling better and will be able to enjoy it! I think being hot does increase some people's levels, but with others it brings it down! Might be worth testing before and after then you'll know for the future too. I think one of the main things with heat is if you are an insulin user, the insulin gets absorbed more quickly.

Enjoy!🙂

I find I tend to go low after a sauna, and always make sure I have my meter and something quick acting to eat in the locker just in case.

Have a super time while you are there. :D:D:D

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back