Sort of slipped off the wagon.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sharron1

Relationship to Diabetes
Type 2
Only myself to blame. Went to a conference in a hotel, avoided all the usual croissants,and pastries. However, I spied a glass jar on the table full of Celebrations chocolates With absolutely no shame and to the great amusement of my colleagues my hard dipped in and proceeded to select Galaxy, Malteaser and Milky Way chocs Quite a few... Not satisfied with that hoard I then went table hopping to rummage in the other chocolate jars for more. Carb counting out the window The chocs were delicious, the Concierge thought it very funny ( wait until they see the full extent of my gluttony on CCTV) Karma approaches, hba1c very soon...

Why do they never put nice bowls of fruit out for peoples? It's their fault, so don't blame yourself. I never do. :rofl:

Well as a T2, you can still deal with some carbs, just keep telling yourself that. Maybe it won't affect hba1c much. 🙂

I totally enjoyed the stuff that fell off the wagon holiday - a Magnum, some Gelato and a large Croatian pastry thing with meat in it. Oh, and I may have had some rice, lots of potato and some slices of pizza!

Happens to us all at times!
They were delicious
Well as a T2, you can still deal with some carbs, just keep telling yourself that. Maybe it won't affect hba1c much. 🙂

I totally enjoyed the stuff that fell off the wagon holiday - a Magnum, some Gelato and a large Croatian pastry thing with meat in it. Oh, and I may have had some rice, lots of potato and some slices of pizza!
Wow that sounds a veritable feast. Glad you enjoyed it.

If one is to go to the Devil, one may as well travel in style.

I suspect that was Oscar Wilde, or it soon would be...

Poor Oscar, such a talent and genius. I loved the Giant story. I wish I'd gone to see his famous statue when I used to go up to London.

Getting back on topic, something I rarely do, with regards to the wagon, I'm getting back on it today with any luck. 🙂

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back