sort of basal test

Status
Not open for further replies.

sofaraway

So have realised I've sort of unintentionally done a basal test this morning. have been quite busy and haven't got round to eating yet. (just putting some pasta on). But have tested a few times due to driving this morning.

at 9:00 fasting 5.8
11:30 before driving 8.3
13:45 pre lunch 9.8

I thought my basal was pretty much spot on, especially in the morning, it's the evenings that I feel I trend upwards.

I take 6 units lantus at night and 7 units in the morning.

My fasting is fine, my past few days fasting numbers after sleeping at night are.

14.2 (random one- no idea what happened here)

So I think my night dose is fine. So might need to increase the morning dose, maybe I will try 8 units tomorrow.

Any thoughts?

Sounds like a good idea Nikki, but give it a few days to settle in once you have adjusted it my nursey says 2-3 days. I guess just keep an eye on things. God it's a constant game this ain't it🙄

So have realised I've sort of unintentionally done a basal test this morning. have been quite busy and haven't got round to eating yet. (just putting some pasta on). But have tested a few times due to driving this morning.

at 9:00 fasting 5.8
11:30 before driving 8.3
13:45 pre lunch 9.8

I thought my basal was pretty much spot on, especially in the morning, it's the evenings that I feel I trend upwards.

I take 6 units lantus at night and 7 units in the morning.

My fasting is fine, my past few days fasting numbers after sleeping at night are.

14.2 (random one- no idea what happened here)

So I think my night dose is fine. So might need to increase the morning dose, maybe I will try 8 units tomorrow.

Any thoughts?

sounds a good idea to me. I thought my basal was fine until i did a test a few weeks back. just shows that these things are always changing and we do need to keep checking.

So made the increase this morning, gave 8 units and am just eating now so doen another mini basal test.

09:30 fasting 6.1
11:15 6.4
12:45 5.6

I'm satisfied with that, slight drop but I have walked to the postbox and been shopping in sainsburys.

So made the increase this morning, gave 8 units and am just eating now so doen another mini basal test.

09:30 fasting 6.1
11:15 6.4
12:45 5.6

I'm satisfied with that, slight drop but I have walked to the postbox and been shopping in sainsburys.

Did you get some jelly babies?:D

I've been playing with my basal a bit lately - reduced it to 8 for a few days, went back up to 9 after some higher than normal waking levels and also some higher levels at lunchtime that are confusing me. For example, this morning I took 7 NR for just one slice of toast. I had intended to have some OJ as well, but forgot. 5 hours later I was expecting to be low, but was 6.7! Don't quite know what goes on in the morning and why I need so much NR for so few carbs. At lunchtime I have 3 times as much carbs, but only need 9 NR - even then I am sometimes low by teatime! Then again, in the evening I eat more than at lunch, but only need 10-11 NR :confused:

do you have a different ratio for the morning northe?

I must admit, I rarely think about ratios as I know pretty much what the food I eat is going to require. If I go too low, then I use less next time and if high use more - taking into acount all the other 101 factors of course! But it's guesswork most of the time really. I suppose I ought to try and work it out.

I must admit, I rarely think about ratios as I know pretty much what the food I eat is going to require. If I go too low, then I use less next time and if high use more - taking into acount all the other 101 factors of course! But it's guesswork most of the time really. I suppose I ought to try and work it out.

I guess alot too. I'm just started thinking about it a bit more though and ive notices I need even more insulin in the morning 🙄 2.5units per 10g. If you work out th ratios you could have something youve never had for breakfast :D

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back