Sorry yet another question

Status
Not open for further replies.

caroleann

Relationship to Diabetes
Type 2
Ihave run out of test strips and i take 9 units of novorapid before evening meal,i have tested with a diastix and that was clear so do i still take my normal units.
thanks carole

A diastix will only show positive if you are above 10, I believe, although this can vary from person to person. So it is possible that you could be around this level. If you are fairly consistent in your levels around this time then I would just take the normal amount of insulin - but maybe check a couple of times before bed with the diastix to make sure you are not getting too high. Probably more dangerous to give yourself too much insulin and not be able to check for a hypo.

Hope you are OK, and get some more test strips as soon as you can! Using insulin without being able to test is not recommended!

Thanks northener i can get more test strips in the morning, did think i had more,will male sure to have my hypo essentials close by.

Hi Carole hope you went ok through the night and manage to get your strips ok x

I got through the night fine but i did eat a couple of rich tea before bed to be on the safe side,like northener said its not a good thing to take insulin without testing first ,i hated not knowing what was happening.
Another lesson learned(make sure i have enoughtest strips).

I got through the night fine but i did eat a couple of rich tea before bed to be on the safe side,like northener said its not a good thing to take insulin without testing first ,i hated not knowing what was happening.
Another lesson learned(make sure i have enoughtest strips).

Hi Carole glad you got through the night ok,Yeah it is something i never want to repeat myself, i once had about 25 strips ruined when the pot fell onto the floor but into a glass of juice first, i never take them for granted because i know theres so hard to come by for some. xI think there one of the 3 main things a diabetic simply cannot do without those and a meter , and for me the other being byetta..

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back