Sorry guys another quick question b4 bed...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Emzi

Relationship to Diabetes
Type 1
I tested my blood at 12pm and it was 7.9, 2hrs after dinner it was 5.8 then at 5pm it was 5.3 I had 2 jelly babies and went swimming then after tested and it was 8.7. I then went to gym for 40min and before my dinner at 8pm it was 14.8, which I expected coz of the exercise. I ate my dinner and injected without correcting as I was expecting a drop but 2hrs later its held at 13.6.
Just about to go to bed, question is (finally :D ) do I correct or just have my 15units of levemir, I am doing a 3am test too to check im not hypoing during night as advised in previous posts.

Thanks for any help, I know its late but better to check eh 🙂

Personally, I'd just leave it - your bolus could still be active, and also I tend to drop a lot for up to 24 hrs after exercise. Just monitor it tonight, then if you wake high use that information next time you go to the gym and change things then.

Well done on being so active!

Yep i think your right, just tested again and 30min later its gone from 13.6 to 11.3 so happy its dropping.

will go to bed without correcting and see what my 3am test brings!! Joy!! 🙄

Thanks

I would agree with Pigeon - exercise always drops me a few hours after completion 🙂

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back