Sorry gone AWOL!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Vonny

Relationship to Diabetes
Type 2
Hi, and apologies for being off the radar for so long. In fact I've not only fallen off the wagon but have been run over by it!
I had my hernia op in early October which luckily went well. Sadly though, 5 days later, my dad was rushed into hospital and died overnight.
Directly after the op I went onto my invalid diet (ie mollycoddling self) of soup, toast and chocolate digestives while watching rubbish television. After dad died this continued. I'm trying to put myself back together again, though another bout of covid is making it harder. I know I can get back on the wagon, but it may take some time. So if you don't see me posting, it's just that my head isn't in the right place at the moment. I shall continue to lurk here on and off to try and get some inspiration to get myself back to normal.
Best wishes to everyone here xx

Oh, @Vonny , I'm so sorry to hear of your loss, and it must be even worse, without the sort of notice an illness tends to bring. It must take a lot to coming to terms with it.

At the moment, just put one foot in front of another. You've done it once. You'll get there again, but just be kind to yourself. Now is not the time to self flagellate.

Oh Vonny! So very sorry to hear of your loss. It is really hard when you lose parents and made more difficult no doubt when you were laid up after surgery. Still miss my Dad and it's 13 years ago last month! We all fall off the wagon from time to time and in those circumstances it is totally understandable. Sending (((HUGS)))
When you are ready and your mind is in the right place you will be back on it and making good headway again. You have done it before so I know you can do it again, but don't beat yourself up in the mean time. Any small steps you can make in the right direction will all be positive ones, even if it is just one less chocolate biscuit a day.
Hope your recovery from surgery is going well. More gentle (((HUGS)))

Hi, and apologies for being off the radar for so long. In fact I've not only fallen off the wagon but have been run over by it!
I had my hernia op in early October which luckily went well. Sadly though, 5 days later, my dad was rushed into hospital and died overnight.
Directly after the op I went onto my invalid diet (ie mollycoddling self) of soup, toast and chocolate digestives while watching rubbish television. After dad died this continued. I'm trying to put myself back together again, though another bout of covid is making it harder. I know I can get back on the wagon, but it may take some time. So if you don't see me posting, it's just that my head isn't in the right place at the moment. I shall continue to lurk here on and off to try and get some inspiration to get myself back to normal.
Best wishes to everyone here x
Best wishes

Best wishes to everyone here xx
Take care xxx

Oh no! So sorry to hear about your dad @Vonny. Don’t be a stranger for too long - you know we’re all rooting for you, and want to support you. Take care (((hugs))).

Send in condolences on the loss of your dad, be kind to yourself you have been through a lot in a very short space of time, you will get back on track when the time is right for you.

Sending you my love and virtual hugs.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back