Sore Throat??

Status
Not open for further replies.

Urbansoulpie

Relationship to Diabetes
Type 1
Hi All

This is a bit embarrassing really...

I don't suffer from thrush (as many diatetics do) EXCEPT from in my throat!

Does anyone else suffer with this??

I seem to go through spell of having it, it's really irritating and it doesn;t seem much can be done (?) to help it.

My syptoms include a REALLY itchy, tickly throat, a croaky voice, coughing and a coat of yellowish stuff on the back of my throat.

I sometimes use a antiseptic mouthwash but it doesn't seem to do much. Should I visit the doctor about it or put up with it?

Please reply if you have any words of wisdom on this....are a sufferer or have heard of this before...have any advice etc.

Thanks
x

I'd be straight round the docs with something like that. Apart from anything else, any infection is probably going to make your levels harder to predict and control.

I've had it once in the back of my throat and I've never known anything so painful as when I ate some tinned tomatos when I had it.

If you go to the doctors, they should be able to give you some pastels (Nystatin I think) that you suck 4 times a day. Taste absolutely fowl, but they do work.

I'd go to the doctors. I started off with a tickly cough and ended up with tonsilitis which I needed antibiotics to sort out.

My voice is still not quite right and have been advised to gargle with lemon and honey or slaty water, but go to the doctor in the first place.

please go to the docs i dont suffer it but best thing to do is get an appt soon as x

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back