Sore skin

Status
Not open for further replies.

kellie01

Relationship to Diabetes
Type 1.5 LADA
Evening all, i have over the past 3 weeks had really sore painful skin on my legs, under my arms, my back and shoulders anx my chest, it is not red or anything but is so painful that it has made me cry on occasions. It seems to wear off after i have taken my gabapentin tablet which i have for my feet, so am wondering if it is a nerve thing as sometimes get little stinging pains or is just the gabapentin doing it's thing and working as a painkiller. Anyone else had anything like this or is it just me ? X

That sounds horrible @kellie01 It could be nerve-related, but if it persists I’d see your doctor as there might be another cause or a treatment that would help.

Just had a thought - could it be shingles? I know you said there’s no rash but maybe you have some symptoms but not the rash.

Just had a thought - could it be shingles? I know you said there’s no rash but maybe you have some symptoms but not the rash.
I was thinking exactly the same it's rampant at the moment that's why they are having a inoculation campaign

That does sound like shingles, especially the position of the sore bits. Well worth getting it checked as the earlier the treatment is started the better. I hope that you get sorted.

My understanding is that if nerves are less than 85% damaged they may regenerate themselves with tight BG control.

Hope the adjusted doses provide some relief @kellie01 - that does sound really uncomfortable :(

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back