Sore ickle fingers...

Status
Not open for further replies.

FairyNuff

Relationship to Diabetes
Type 1
3 weeks of testing = every finger is sore :( running out places to test.

That's it, just a moan... good morning everyone 🙂

Good morning there.

Actually, I've just noticed a little 'black' spot on my finger which I can only assume has come from a needle prick. Not had one of those before!

I also keep finding scratches on my left hand. Must be all the brambles I've been walking past and didn't notice that they'd scratched me! Very sinister (literally!).

Andy 🙂

Oh dear!

Your fingers will soon become desensitised to it. I'm in the bad habit of always pricking my left hand - haven't had any sensation in my fingertips for as long as I can remember!

Em

Snap Em ! :D

There are times when I can squeeze a finger and a few tiny drops of blood appear. 😱 That's when I know it's time to swap hands. 🙄

I changed the lancet for the first time in about 6 months or so the other day. I had to step down from 2 to 1 (soft, southerner hands) and even now it's a bit on the vicious side.

Rob

My tips are ok, and I am also guilty of favouring one hand, my right.

I always try and use the whole finger tip, round the edges and the cushiony part as well. I am on the highest setting right enough with the lancets but thats to be expected after many years...

Broke my lancets things so waiting for more...but yeah my fingers were sore the day after testing, I had it on the highest setting though because nothing was happening on the lower!!

I will soon be in the sore finger corner with you!!

there exists technology that can test you sugar levels through the skin by means on light (laser), notherner put it up on the news thread a few weeks back.......

now thats what im talking about........😎

Such an annoyance this is , i use vaselines hand and nail cream on my fingers to keep them from getting hard skin on them, im also guilty of what novoboi said i tend to test on my left hand way to much to test

Last edited:
Are you changing the lancet each time? make sure you have the pricker turned down to the lowest that gets blood. washing hands in warm water prior to testing. if you are already doing these things then I don't know what to suggest.

I have noticed my fingers getting lots of tiny black spots lately, so trying to change lancet more regularly.

Thanks for all the tips, I am guilty of not changing lancets often enough... every single time, 8 times a day?!?! 😛

I still find it very hard to press that button, I don't want to bring politics into this but I find thinking about our PM helps me to hurt myself :D

Thanks for all the tips, I am guilty of not changing lancets often enough... every single time, 8 times a day?!?! 😛

I still find it very hard to press that button, I don't want to bring politics into this but I find thinking about our PM helps me to hurt myself :D

It's the one before last that REALLY GETS MY GOAT!

<thinks calm thoughts> ...... <thinks calm thoughts> .......<better!>

Andy 🙄

It's the one before last that REALLY GETS MY GOAT!

<thinks calm thoughts> ...... <thinks calm thoughts> .......<better!>

Andy 🙄

I can't think of a single one who hasn't wound me up 😛

Hi,

I try and no one hand at a time to give t'othersome rest, probably not the best, but I don't know what is!

I try and change lancet weekly, note try!

I don't not the finger tips so haven't lost any sensation, I prick just above the nail line on the top or side.

I bought some Bio Oil to try and help any scar tissue, not sure if it is worth it, I think you're supposed to apply it every day for months, and it is aimed at strectch marks etc.

Good luck (me included!)

Rossi

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back