Sore eyes after screening!

Status
Not open for further replies.

karent

Relationship to Diabetes
Type 2
I went for my first eye screening to day, wasnt as bad as I expected it to be, I hate anything being put into my eyes. Get the resultins back within the next two weeks, been dreading this as my mum had lots of problems with her eyes due to her diabetes. But since coming home my eyes have been very sore, all I want to do is shut them, hubby reckons they look rahter swollen, just wonderingif anyone else has had this after.

Hi Karen sorry i cant say it did happen to me after but good luck with the results come back and let us know how the results go

Oh Karen, that doesn't sound so good - you might be having a reaction to the drops. Bathe your eyes with water - cooled, boiled water might be best to avoid any further irritation and hopefully, in time it will pass. Make sure you keep a note of the reaction so you can tell them next time - they might have to use different drops or try without them. If it gets worse, call NHS 24 (or equivalent) for advice.

When I had mine done, my eyes stung like crazy for a while but it died down within 10 mins or so.. my vision was still blurred for hours afterwards though..

Karina

The frst time I had it done my eyes were sore for ages, the second time it didn't seem quite so bad - maybe because I knew what to expect! Took about 5 hours to be back to full normality though. Hope they improve soon, I don't think the drops are harmful.

only been the once doesn't sound good swollen eyes, when I went I had more pain from reverse headbutting the wall when they put the drops in my eyes! not good!

our eyes feel better soon. It could be a reaction to the drops. bath with cool boiled water, but if they are no better in a day or two see the doctor and get advice.

When i had my first test, my eyes were stinging and watering so bad, i made the mistake of taking my push bike aswell, could not see a thing coming home and had to ask someone to use my phone and ring my mum to come and pick me up.

I went for my first eye screening to day, wasnt as bad as I expected it to be, I hate anything being put into my eyes. Get the resultins back within the next two weeks, been dreading this as my mum had lots of problems with her eyes due to her diabetes. But since coming home my eyes have been very sore, all I want to do is shut them, hubby reckons they look rahter swollen, just wonderingif anyone else has had this after.

I went for my second screening yesterday. I had no reaction to the drops either time but they did give me a pamphlet saying what to expect and one of the items was what to do if you had reaction to the drops, if they were red and swollen it said to get medical help very soon. Hope yours calm down quickly but I shoould have thought you should be given some written advice as I was - perhaps that's just Somerset's policy though.

Hi Karen hope the eyes are a little less sore now x

I've had it done several times and it gave me sore eyes only once.

It only lasted a day - or maybe two then disappeared just as I bought some drops that I never used. .

Hi everyone

Thanks for replies. My eyes are better than they were last night but still quite sore, at least my eye lids have gone down now. I rang the out of hours drs earlier and they told me to take piriton and se if it helped if no better tomorrow then go see them. Think I will wait till monday if need be. Will definately being telling them before Ihave it done next year!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back