Something to think about!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bubbleblower

Relationship to Diabetes
Type 1.5 LADA
The brain consumes approximately 20% of the body’s glucose supply.

The brain glucose uptake is mainly insulin independent.

Insulin 2 is produced locally in the adult brain.

Mathematically speaking, if we use our brain twice as much our glucose should lower by 25%.

idee-et-creativite.jpg

My brain is obviously just very small with limited capacity. That said, I spent all day on Tuesday figuring out how to set up a new phone and install LibreLink and get it to work and when I eventually did, my levels had been remarkably well behaved from the stored data in the sensor during that 8 hours of mental acrobatics.... so maybe like @EmmaL76, if I engaged my brain more I could cure myself.

I just have a lazy brain.

Speaking for myself that is exactly the case.

My brain is obviously just very small with limited capacity. That said, I spent all day on Tuesday figuring out how to set up a new phone and install LibreLink and get it to work and when I eventually did, my levels had been remarkably well behaved from the stored data in the sensor during that 8 hours of mental acrobatics.... so maybe like @EmmaL76, if I engaged my brain more I could cure myself.

May be things could add up, for example muscles also take up 80% of postprandial glucose.
On average. Imagine you can increase this to say 90% you got rid of 50% of the remaining postprandial glucose.
And you remind me of another great way to lower glucose, which is humor 🙂.

To find a cure would require stopping the immune attack. According to the latest state of the art the pancreas produces immunogenic proteines when it is under stress, which trigger that attack.

Just tell everybody's pancreas not to get stressed as soon as they're born and give them really really helpful advice all their lives then eg There, there dear - you really can cope with this! and similar.

Yrs Mrs Sarky, Bedworth.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back