Something to clean/sterilse my fingers in the car

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reptile

Relationship to Diabetes
Type 2
I have a dedicated test kit in the car but no way to wash my hands/fingers before testing. Can anyone recommend something please that gets everything clean but doesn't interfere with the test result?

I just wipe the first spot of blood away on the back of my other hand and then test the second. I then wipe the second drop of blood onto the back of my hand as well and rub it in until it disappears. I hardly ever wash my hands before testing, partly because I often don't have access to washing facilities (I work outdoors) and I hate the environmental impact of wipes and my skin is very dry and doesn't like being washed too often.
This technique works absolutely fine for me.

Keep a sports bottle of water and squirt over then dry off if your fingers might be contaminated with something sticky. Otherwise I just test and wipe off the first drop too.

I've never found anything better than spit - so if hands are actually dirty, I'll spit onto a tissue/bit of kitchen roll and clean finger before bodging it. If not physically dirty I don't bother, just bodge.

I just wipe the first spot of blood away on the back of my other hand and then test the second. I then wipe the second drop of blood onto the back of my hand as well and rub it in until it disappears. I hardly ever wash my hands before testing, partly because I often don't have access to washing facilities (I work outdoors) and I hate the environmental impact of wipes and my skin is very dry and doesn't like being washed too often.
This technique works absolutely fine for me.

Same here, wipe away first drop then use second one, this providing hands haven't touched anything sweet, made that mistake before.

I am another who uses the first drop to ‘clean’ my site (but sometimes don’t bother). If the reading is a bit weird and not around what I expect I might then wash my hands.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back