Something strange

Status
Not open for further replies.

AlisonM

Much missed Moderator
Relationship to Diabetes
Type 1.5 LADA
I'm getting an odd sensation in my right wrist from time to time, a little flash of heat. It feels like something warm is touching me, like hot water running over my skin. It's not at all painful, in fact it feels quite nice, I just don't understand it. Has anyone else felt anything like that?

if it were an unpleasent feeling I'd think it sounded like a repetetive strain injury.

I get a very similar thing on my ankle. It does not happen very often, maybe once or twice a week and normally as I am walking. I have described it as feeling like warm water too.

Hi AlisonM
Sounds a bit like the sensation I get in my right shoulder, when I've been using a computer mouse a lot in a day. So, I'm wondering if it's related to computer use, assuming you're right handed? If it is mouse related, then it might be worth aksing a GP / physio and / or experimenting with wrist support (foam about 2cm deep, on a mouse mat or in front of a keyboard).

Nope, southpaw. I'm so left-handed I even have to rearrange the cutlery... Really upsets the waiters in restaurants.:D

AlisonM

Sorry I can't offer any advice. Can I ask, is that a Jack Russell in your pic?
I have a Jack, 2 years old and similar looking to your dog.

Toby

Yep, that's Judy. She's thirteen, deaf as a post and thinks she human.

Thanks Alison,

I know they live to a good age Jack Russell Terriers. Mine just daft, never lets up, always wanting to play. I never get a minute!

Toby

Ours is the same and there's no off switch.:D She'll outlast the Duracell bunny.

Hi Alison,

So glad to read that someone else has this strange feelin. I started with it last week out of the blue. Its on my left hand on the top near my knuckles. Its soooo weird. Its not there this week !!
Im at the diabetic clinic at the end of the month so Im going to mention it to the doc. Ill let you know what he says about it.

Kind regards, Debbs x

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back