Something I might do in December...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Haha! I've seen that on the telly! Good luck - don't expect me to join you though! 😱

Aldershot has taken a turn downhill since The Parachute Regiment moved out, they were the only things that made Aldershot half decent. Someone had to keep the locals in check!

OMG this is right up my alley too!! I wanted to do the army assault course when i was at school but "wasn't allowed" (*swear word, swear word*). Looks a feed....

Mind you can I can't see any reference for any diabetes charities or any that i am overly fussed about (sorry but i am quite specific what charities i support)!

Looks cool fun though...may just do it for the sake of it :D

Bernie xx 🙂

Now when I was at school I was an army cadet and had four great years doing that. I was always the first one to want to run the assault course and do all the sort of running around things. So long as I got to shoot a little!

I would need to do some serious fitness prior to it though.

Tom

OMG this is right up my alley too!! I wanted to do the army assault course when i was at school but "wasn't allowed" (*swear word, swear word*). Looks a feed....

Mind you can I can't see any reference for any diabetes charities or any that i am overly fussed about (sorry but i am quite specific what charities i support)!

Looks cool fun though...may just do it for the sake of it :D

Bernie xx 🙂

Mind you just noticed this....😡

"You should be relatively fit and have no known medical conditions".

Darn it, may lie.....

Hi guys if your going to do this challenge please choose to support Over The Wall (OTW) it's a charity that i support & volunteer for 😉

They do camps for kids with long term conditions/serious illnesses (INCLUDING DIABETES :D!!!!) They are fantastic free holidays for kids, they are always looking for volunteers for the camps, check out there website for more details or i can always let you know what it's like at camp as i've volunteered as part of the medical team several times.
They are a small charity but take kids from anywhere in the uk you can make a self referral for your kids but will need a doctor or nurse to fill out a medical (for a bit of info on medical needs while at camp) i think if you hurry you might be lucky to get a last minute place for kids to go to camp this summer, they also do a sibling camp at easter 😉
It really is a fantastic charity
Chrissie xx

You dont mind if I sit this one out, do you??? 😉

Hi guys if your going to do this challenge please choose to support Over The Wall (OTW) it's a charity that i support & volunteer for 😉

They do camps for kids with long term conditions/serious illnesses (INCLUDING DIABETES :D!!!!) They are fantastic free holidays for kids, they are always looking for volunteers for the camps, check out there website for more details or i can always let you know what it's like at camp as i've volunteered as part of the medical team several times.
They are a small charity but take kids from anywhere in the uk you can make a self referral for your kids but will need a doctor or nurse to fill out a medical (for a bit of info on medical needs while at camp) i think if you hurry you might be lucky to get a last minute place for kids to go to camp this summer, they also do a sibling camp at easter 😉
Chrissie xx

Sounds great Chrissie, I think the smaller charities often get overlooked and they're probably the ones that use the funds best 🙂

The smaller charities definitly get over looked, but it is a fab little charity if anybody wants to look at what they do there website address is www.otw.org.uk (sorry i'm not sure how to set up a link to there site 🙄
It might be worth some parents looking at it they take kids from 8yrs - 18yrs & have camps in scotland, midlands, and Dorset they have a medical team of doctors & nurses at camp & a really high ratio of volunteers to kids they will also transport kids to camp free of charge the focus of camp is to have fun!!! & its definitly fun!!!! :D

Chrissie xx

Cool beans....food for thought. I support charities that are close to my heart and there are reasons for that....but, if I do it closer to the time, will give it some serious consideration.

I am scarred from my childhood being sent to horrible/strict diabetic camps but times have changed by the sounds of it. Wish it was that fun back then.

Bernie xx 🙂

Hi Bernie
The camps don't focus or mention illness/conditions at all they take kids with loads of different medical conditions which are not disclosed to anybody (other than the med team for obvious reasons) they focus on having fun, building self confidence & esteem, having new experiences, making friends oh & did i mention having fun? 😉

Do you have a web address Chrissy? 🙂

the websie address is www.otw.org.uk

There are loads of photo's & video clips on the site & they are always looking for adult volunteers

i would love to do something like that, it's just getting the time off work etc (not that i am employed but yknow, i do forsee employment at some point)

i would love to do something like that, it's just getting the time off work etc (not that i am employed but yknow, i do forsee employment at some point)

Me too.....its on a Saturday/Sunday if as and when you work weekdays.

Mind you the biggest concern is the medical thing...again! I run that and more in kickboxing and as much a challenge every Wednesday after a long days work 😛

You have to sign that you have "no KNOWN medical conditions" (thats how its written) and as much as i have declined to admit T1 in the past (naughty i know), its one of those things i hesitate with in my old age ... (as mentioned in my previous thread about questions relating to this type of thing).

Think an e-mail/phone call is in order to them.....

Oh yes...my hubby wants to do it as he is ex army :D

Bernie xx 🙂

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back