Something about 4am

Status
Not open for further replies.

MargB

Relationship to Diabetes
Type 2
I am a newbie who has only had telephone diagnosis so far, seeing the doc on Friday.

I usually wake up around 4am either with a totally dry, parched mouth, or dreadful leg cramps or itchy legs or anything. Until the diagnosis I was wondering if perhaps a noisy neighbour was disturbing my sleep but now thinking it could be the diabetes.

Does that sound daft? Am I trying to blame diabetes for everything?

Nope, sounds perfectly reasonable to me. I didn't have a full night's sleep for a good month or so prior to diagnosis, because I had to get up and use the loo, and drink a litre's worth of water. And I also had really dry itchy skin.

So no, you're actually showing typical symptoms. But don't worry, they will pass eventually 🙂

sounds like classic signs to me. At my worst before diagnosis I'd get through at least 5 or 6 pints of water through the night The leg cramps were awful, I used to get them in both legs at once sometimes. Those sort of symptoms should go as your glucose levels come down.

I still get up in the night for a pee and a drink and have done so since my early teens. The itching has all gone thoe.

Yup agree with the others calssis symptoms, recently i have been having very disturbed sleep even as recent as last night i was up at 5am, and then when my other half got up he said i was talking to him in my sleep about red poles(another matter altogether lol) but i often have to get up and have a drink of water and also it gives me chance to stretch my leg usually left one as it always cramps.

oh thank you, it is a relief in a way.

Now I can mention them to the doc and not worry I sound like a total nutcase!

Do you know, I know I should get up and get a glass of water but can't be bothered so I just keep swallowing to produce saliva - lazy or what? LOL

Same symptoms but I also had blurred vision

I am short sighted so wouldn't really notice if my vision was blurred!

In some ways feel relieved that the leg cramps are related to diabetes and not heart as I worried a few times about thrombosis. Early hours of the morning thoughts!

yep, early days before and just after diagnosis, would wake with terrible leg cramps.

And the iching of the legs too, I would get this in the daytime too.

Not so much these days, im sure they will pass when you get sorted, you are not going mad!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back