Somerset anti-depressants numbers rise

Status
Not open for further replies.

Northerner

Admin (Retired)
Relationship to Diabetes
Type 1
A NATIONAL mental health charity says more needs to be done to cut the number of people taking anti-depressants.

In Somerset, nearly half a million prescriptions for anti-depressants were handed out in 2012/13 ? a 29% increase in the last five years.

Figures obtained from NHS Somerset show in 2008/09 there were 371,000 prescriptions for anti-depressants dispensed to Somerset patients at a cost of approximately ?182,000.

By 2012/13, this had increased to 480,000 prescriptions but cost around ?154,000 as the price of drugs has reduced in recent years

http://www.thisisthewestcountry.co.uk/news/10632444.Somerset_anti_depressants_numbers_rise/

If it was possible, would be nice if the data protection act allowed it, give a break down to see how many prescriptions were issued for depression or like myself issued to treat the secondary complications of diabetes.

If it was possible, would be nice if the data protection act allowed it, give a break down to see how many prescriptions were issued for depression or like myself issued to treat the secondary complications of diabetes.

Yes, I'm sure it would be a significant number.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back