Somebody finally asked the right questions

Status
Not open for further replies.

Munjeeta

Relationship to Diabetes
Type 1
The right questions being: "You're not coping are you?" and the right opener being: "You're young and you need to make some changes now. I don't need to tell you what will happen if you don't."

Hmmm. I have been AWOL again for a while. Incredibly stressed at work and tired to the point of not being sure I could make it through the day. But half term now and DAFNE next week so feeling a bit more positive. I went to a diabetic clinic at my GP yesterday. I expected it to be a waste of time, if only because I rely on my hospital team for my care, but it wasn't. The doctor made me cry with his straight talking. But that's what I need. I need someone to tell me to stop pussyfooting around. Maybe it's time to start feeling hopeful again! 🙄 I hope all you lovely lot are well.

well done this is what i sid at the hospital with graham i dont knw what to do any more i need help after nearly 3 years from diagnosis i did not do to bad

great to hear of a consultation being bang on for a change, and you feeling the love!

hope you enjoy Daffers next week, I loved it! xx

hi Munjeeta so nice to hear like Lou said you had a succsessful appointment,al so nice to see you back posting again, i hope you enjoy the course next week come on and tell us how it went x

Hi Munjeeta,

Glad you're feeling more positive, and hope Daffy goes well next week.

Ooh my new quacks has diabetes clinic every Wednesday's wonder if it's your one too!!???

Now don't go disappearing on us again, this place is getting quiet enough as it is!!

The right questions being: "You're not coping are you?" and the right opener being: "You're young and you need to make some changes now. I don't need to tell you what will happen if you don't."

Hmmm. I have been AWOL again for a while. Incredibly stressed at work and tired to the point of not being sure I could make it through the day. But half term now and DAFNE next week so feeling a bit more positive. I went to a diabetic clinic at my GP yesterday. I expected it to be a waste of time, if only because I rely on my hospital team for my care, but it wasn't. The doctor made me cry with his straight talking. But that's what I need. I need someone to tell me to stop pussyfooting around. Maybe it's time to start feeling hopeful again! 🙄 I hope all you lovely lot are well.

Ive just seen this after my "Hope all is well" comment on FB.

Good to hear from you! I had this chat from a lovely, but straight talking (best kind!) GP from my surgery. He basically said "I don't want to see you in 5 years time and be saying 'I'm sorry that you're blind...'". I just about managed to stop myself crying and had a little cry when I got home. I think that's about the time I found this place and i've been trying to much harder to get things under control since then. It sounds like he was being really negative, but he wasn't, he did it in a friendly way and it was a kick up the backside, I took it in a positive way.

Lovely to see you back Munjeeta! I'm sure you'll be all fired-up after your DAFNE course!:D

Nice to see you posting Munjeeta, I hope you have time to relax this week and enjoy your DAFNE course, will be good to hear how you get on. I am currently on the waiting list to get on one.

I think it's really hard to acknowledge that things are difficult, but in doing so I hope you get the support you need.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back