some help please

Status
Not open for further replies.

tracey w

Relationship to Diabetes
Type 1
Hi can i ask what you pumpers do for nectarines?

After two low hypos the other night and now a 4.1

I have decided its nectarines! The other night i weighed and dosed (dont think ive eaten them in a long time) so today i only gave 0.6u much less, but now am low again.

Do you weigh them with the skins on or off? I'm sure that if you weighed them with the skins on that could give you a false results for the carbs that you worked out. Perhaps weigh them after you peel them?

Tom

Do you weigh them with the skins on or off? I'm sure that if you weighed them with the skins on that could give you a false results for the carbs that you worked out. Perhaps weigh them after you peel them?

Tom

Yea i did that thanks Tom, just dont think i need a lot for them by the looks of it :confused:

I cant help with nectarines as Alex doesnt like them - but just wanted to say that it seems fruits with a high water content tend to be less than the book says. We dont do the full amount for strawberries so perhaps its the same for you and nectarines.🙂Bev

I cant help with nectarines as Alex doesnt like them - but just wanted to say that it seems fruits with a high water content tend to be less than the book says. We dont do the full amount for strawberries so perhaps its the same for you and nectarines.🙂Bev

I'd go with what Bev said 🙂 For me I treat nectarines as if they have 5g carbs per fruit (more or less). I can also eat both strawberries and raspberries with NO effect on my sugars thanks to the high water content :D

I live of that stuff in the summer, shame it's so expensive at this time of year.

Thanks for the advice, yes i went hypo again despite giving much less than i should. I may try next one without bolus to see what happens.

Shiv, no i dont eat the skins, that would be weird 😱

Bev, also getting much better numbers at breakfast because of the 10 min rule (i cant last 15 mins too hungry :D),

have already dropped my ratio and now basals and dont seem to get over 10 at the peak, was going up to 8 and then dropping too low, wow. Will persevere with tea time ones now if i can.

That was my first thought when I saw Tom suggesting they be weighed peeled!

Yes I thought it was strange too, like why would i do that? Ive never heard of anyone eating skin off oranges etc.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back