So what do we put in our tea now

Status
Not open for further replies.

Totalwar

Relationship to Diabetes
Type 2
Artificial sweeteners give you heart problems and Bain veins trouble.So what do we put in our tea and coffee now.

Artificial sweeteners give you heart problems and Bain veins trouble.So what do we put in our tea and coffee now.

Just milk, never had sugar in tea, used to have in coffee but not had for more years than I remember.

Just milk, never had sugar in tea, used to have in coffee but not had for more years than I remember.
I was about to say the same ... except I don't drink coffee and drink my tea black.
But then, that's just more examples of what makes me weird 😳

Only have milk in tea coffee anyway, still will drink soft drinks with artificial sweetners, have done for last 40 years still here to tell tale.

I used to take 4 sugars in my tea ( I know , I’m ashamed) but I was pregnant with my youngest, she’s just turned 30, I was nauseous all the time and I didn’t enjoy my sweet tea. I cut down gradually, half a teaspoon at a time until I didn’t take any. I also cut the milk down so it got to the stage when I had just a drop so I stopped that too. Can’t imagine ever taking milk or sugar in my tea now. I wasn’t diabetic then BTW.
Probably best to cut down gradually rather than going cold turkey. Or cut down your hot drinks and still have sweetener? There’s always something bad for us!

I cut down gradually too. My mum thought she had managed to wean her boss of sugar to, till she came in and said one day, that she wanted her usal sugar in.

I've never had sugar in tea but used to in coffee. I cut down to one probably 10+ years ago, then about 3 years ago cut it out completely on the insistence of my dentist. (I preferred to cut out than replace with sweetener). I initially added a little vanilla essence to try to add a bit of sweetness but soon adapted to just having milk in coffee

I went cold turkey with sugar in coffee when I was diagnosed at 21.

Can’t bear sweetened coffee now. Yuk!

I have never been a big tea or coffee drinker, but when I did, I had sugar in it. My partner drinks his tea without sugar, so when he was having a cup, he would make me one and I would just have it the same as his. That was OK but still needed sugar in coffee and always said I would rather not drink coffee as drink it without sugar.... at least 2 teaspoons although I usually just tipped some in rather than spoon it as it couldn't be too sweet. Over the years I have experimented with artificial sweeteners but most leave a horrid after taste. Since diagnosis and going low carb, cut the sugar completely and I have double cream in my coffee and the cream makes it far more enjoyable than it ever was with sugar. My morning coffee with cream (no sugar or sweetener) is now my daily luxury. I do have fizzy drinks with artificial sweetener but I use very small amounts and top the glass up with water, so I get a little bit of fizz and sweetness and flavour but usually less than quarter of a glass and the rest water.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back