So that's

Status
Not open for further replies.

Old Holborn

Relationship to Diabetes
Type 2
Strawberry jam filled doughnuts off the menu. :(

Still waiting on my fasting blood test results so not absolutley sure if I am diabetic.
Reading the posts on here makes me feel a bit of a fraud as I don't get any of the aches and pains that some of you are writting about.

Still taking the Metformin though.

And if you stay off the donughts and keep taking metaformin then hopefully you won't get any of them either!

Strawberry jam filled doughnuts off the menu. :(

Still waiting on my fasting blood test results so not absolutley sure if I am diabetic.
Reading the posts on here makes me feel a bit of a fraud as I don't get any of the aches and pains that some of you are writting about.

Still taking the Metformin though.

When I was diagnosed I had no symptoms whatsoever. I was just diagnosed at a new patient appointment what I changed doctros after moving.

It's good that you have been diagnosed before showing any signs as it means that you are much less likely to suffer from diabetes related complications.

Unfortunately for some, it's only after serious damage has been done that they are diagnosed.

So yes, keep up the Metformin and watch the diet. It's a big lifestyle change, but one that is ultimately for the better. Coping when newly diagnosed with a chronic condition is tough though. Get all the help you can from wherever you can get it, but take everything with a pinch of salt. Evaluate what you hear and read. Remember that even Drs can get it wrong.

Keep up the good work anyway.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back