So I know I said I wouldn't post for a while, but I have great news

Status
Not open for further replies.

SilentAssassin1642

Relationship to Diabetes
Type 1
Hi guys, I know I said I wouldn't be posting for a while and I just want to tell you I'm sorry for being a complete idiot these past few weeks.

However I have great news in two respects:

a) My daytime levels are much better. I'm not having huge spikes after lunch, still hypoing but feeling much better in myself. I've started having wholemeal bread for lunch which has helped immensly! O must however learn to not correct after two hours of eating and seeing myself at 12 or so because I drop like a stone afterwards XD I'm still having a couple of over night basal issues but that will be sorted in due course, I'm planning on doing another test tomorrow night, or maybe even next week (I need a break from basal testing LOL)

b) I have been offered a permanent contract at work. This has seriously made my FOREVER. They're looking at getting me signed up and ready to go for the start of november as they think its possibly too late to get me on for september. However this means an epic payrise and much more stability :D I am currently celebrating with a terrible carby dinner of lasagne, chips, beer and swiss roll :D

c) I have hit ?100 for my walk to cure on sunday! Thanks to dizzydi for helping me get to the 100 mark :D I'm really looking forward to this even though getting there and back will be a mission and a half!

Right dinner is ready! I will catch you all soon, I'm still reading but taking a bit of a backseat from posting right now. Love and miss you all xxx

Hi Sam, terrific news about the levels, and the job! Wow! Excellent, really pleased for you 🙂

Hi guys, I know I said I wouldn't be posting for a while and I just want to tell you I'm sorry for being a complete idiot these past few weeks.

xxx
Sam you are a star xx well done hun re all of your successes x:D

Great news all round Sam, glad things are looking up for you. Send some luck this way please :D xx

Really glad to hear things are on the up! 🙂 Enjoy your tea & congrats on the permanent contract - well done!! 🙂

Well done sam great news!!! 🙂

Hi Sam, glad things are settling down for u. Great news re job.
Keep popping in.
Love Di x

Great news on all counts :D xxx

Fantastic news! Thank you so much for posting it 🙂

thanks all

i know i've been a bit of an (insert expletive here) over the past however many weeks. I guess i've been having mood swings that i just can't explain. they are still hanging about, mos especially in the mornings when waking up at silly levels (10 plus). I know that snapping is wrong, and all i can do is apologise if i may have upset any of you in the process of being my moody awful self!!!! 😱 i really think its the swinging levels over the past x amount of weeks that have been hitting me hard.

But thank you for all your good wishes. Matt and I are also sorted out now, it took alot of tears and alot of explanations on both our sides to get ourselves calmed down and back to the way things should be. But it is all forotten. It took a while but we're back to normal.

The job news has taken my breath away. It's just what i needed after such a turbulant time. my manager even applauded me for managing so well being so new on a pump and still managing to hold up such a tough job without wanting to chuck myself out of the window XD. But I am very, very chuffed 🙂

thanks all

i know i've been a bit of an (insert expletive here) over the past however many weeks. I guess i've been having mood swings that i just can't explain. they are still hanging about, mos especially in the mornings when waking up at silly levels (10 plus). I know that snapping is wrong, and all i can do is apologise if i may have upset any of you in the process of being my moody awful self!!!! 😱 i really think its the swinging levels over the past x amount of weeks that have been hitting me hard.

But thank you for all your good wishes. Matt and I are also sorted out now, it took alot of tears and alot of explanations on both our sides to get ourselves calmed down and back to the way things should be. But it is all forotten. It took a while but we're back to normal.

The job news has taken my breath away. It's just what i needed after such a turbulant time. my manager even applauded me for managing so well being so new on a pump and still managing to hold up such a tough job without wanting to chuck myself out of the window XD. But I am very, very chuffed 🙂

that is all fantasic news your manager sounds cool for praising you ...not enough of that is done in the workplace IMO brilliant ... and all the best for the walk xx and getting to it 😉

Congratulations and well done on all fronts, you deserve it for all your efforts. It is always pleasant to hear some good news here. Best wishes. 😎

We do like good news on here, well done keep up the good work:D

However I have great news in two respects:

a) My daytime levels are much better. I'm not having huge spikes after lunch, still hypoing but feeling much better in myself. I've started having wholemeal bread for lunch which has helped immensly! O must however learn to not correct after two hours of eating and seeing myself at 12 or so because I drop like a stone afterwards XD I'm still having a couple of over night basal issues but that will be sorted in due course, I'm planning on doing another test tomorrow night, or maybe even next week (I need a break from basal testing LOL)

b) I have been offered a permanent contract at work. This has seriously made my FOREVER. They're looking at getting me signed up and ready to go for the start of november as they think its possibly too late to get me on for september. However this means an epic payrise and much more stability :D I am currently celebrating with a terrible carby dinner of lasagne, chips, beer and swiss roll :D

c) I have hit ?100 for my walk to cure on sunday! Thanks to dizzydi for helping me get to the 100 mark :D I'm really looking forward to this even though getting there and back will be a mission and a half!

Right dinner is ready! I will catch you all soon, I'm still reading but taking a bit of a backseat from posting right now. Love and miss you all xxx
HI Guys,
You sound amazing well done. Can i ask a quick question what is basel testing?

Congratulations on all your good news.

SilentAssassin

I have been one of your biggest critics on this forum, but I must say, this is one of your best messages that you have written here. You appear to be coming to terms with things, theres no doubt that you are an intelligent girl, you just needed self belief and confidence in your own ability which is now shining through. I now add my congratulations to those of others on the forum in your success on obtaining a permenant position on the job front, a nice rewarding promotion. I send you my best wishes for your continued success in everything you do.

John

Can i ask a quick question what is basel testing?

It's a systematic way of looking at the effect of your basal insulin, usually done by missing meals and meal-bolus with lots of testing on a day when you are not unusually active.

If you are not eating carbs and have no other active insulin on board your basal insulin should be just enough to keep your bg levels steady (perhaps 1mmol/l up or down) pretty much any time of day.

People starting on pumps have an enviable ability to tweak basal rates with a very flexible delivery which can take account of varying requirements overnight etc.

Us MDI types can only play with units up or down, basal dose splitting and altering timings.

I've written about my own recent experiments here: Basal driving me bonkers.

Sorry Sam! [**THREAD HIJACKED!**]

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back