so how do i get my dr to take this seriously

Status
Not open for further replies.

adamtype2gout

Relationship to Diabetes
Type 2

Sensory nephropathy in my feet some bowel problems foot swelling out of shape ,my dr claimed all my symptoms were something else ,chilblains as they failed to diagnose me.It seems to me they are not going to help after i reported a nurse.I doubt reporting a Dr will help​

If you can provide evidence of the measures you have been taking to manage your blood glucose levels as it sounds as if some of your symptoms may be due to high blood glucose.
Have you been having your routine diabetic checks and blood tests if not then ask for that to be provided.

Hi , as with most professionals in life good and bad examples exist , in your case your doctor.

Could I suggest that you write to the doctor and raise your concerns and see what reply you obtain.

I would suggest that you have a plan B in place.

Sorry to hear you are feeling that your concerns have not been handled well @adamtype2gout :(

Could you perhaps write to the practice manager or contact PALS

I would suggest that you have a plan B in place.
That is always a good idea!

Many years ago, I remember reading an article in the NYT about how to survive a a major incident: cinema fire, tube disaster, air plane runway crash, earthquake .... or whatever. Apparently, statistical, you are much more likely to survive if you always prepare a 'plan B' for what to do when things go sideways.

On the subject of Doctors:The Doctor patient relationship is one of trust. So, if you have no confidence in your current Doctor, then you really have to change surgeries. In my view, if you cannot trust your Doctor, then how are you going to be able to open up and tell her/him those deeply personal things that he/she really needs to know to accurately diagnose whatever ailments you may have.

Incidentally, trained professionals, like Doctors, are highly observant and, with even a cursory examination, can tell a lot about a patient's private life from little clues in their fingernails, hair, eyes, general appearance and demeanour.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back