so happy

Status
Not open for further replies.

bev

Relationship to Diabetes
Parent
WOOOOOOOOOOOPEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE!!!!!!!!!!!!

Proud mum alert!😱

Alex came home from school today with the results of his SATS - he got a level 5 for maths ,science, and english!

They are only expected to get a level 4 in year 6 (so i am told) - so for him to get 5's for them all - and to have been off with his diagnosis for 4 weeks in total - well i am just so proud of him!:D

We are always 'hot' on his homework etc - so it just goes to show that it pays off! He is very pleased with himself too!🙂Bev

Woo hoooooooo well done Alex. Fab news.

I had J's report today. It is a great report, she is also above average (moderately high it said) in the national statistics or something. I'm happy with the whole report.

WOOOOOOOOOOOPEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE!!!!!!!!!!!!

Proud mum alert!

Alex came home from school today with the results of his SATS - he got a level 5 for maths ,science, and english!

They are only expected to get a level 4 in year 6 (so i am told) - so for him to get 5's for them all - and to have been off with his diagnosis for 4 weeks in total - well i am just so proud of him!

We are always 'hot' on his homework etc - so it just goes to show that it pays off! He is very pleased with himself too!🙂Bev

Hi Bev......

Well done Alex............your a star........:D........Make sure your mum makes your favourite tea.......🙂

Thats Brilliant news bev....so pleased for you.....I'm proud for you...xx

Keep up the good work Alex.....and remember Home work pays off...lol

Heidi
xx🙂

Woo hoooooooo well done Alex. Fab news.

I had J's report today. It is a great report, she is also above average (moderately high it said) in the national statistics or something. I'm happy with the whole report.

Woohooooooooooo!!!!!!J!

Isnt it lovely when they make you proud? Given all the extra 'worries' our diabetic children have to contend with - it warms your heart! Hope J gets a treat too!:DBev x

Congratulations Alex !! 🙂🙂🙂🙂

Wowwwwwwwwwwwwwwwww! Many congratulations Alex!

You must be so pleased and proud, Bev! What a great end to a school year!

🙂 xx 🙂

well done Alex! Thats brilliant! When I did my year 6 sats, i only got a 3, 4 and 5 so he must be top of the class!

Treats all round tonight! :D

well done to Alex. There seems so much pressure on kid for SATS theses days, when I did mine it was no big deal at all, we actually did very little academic work in year 6, did a whole term just doing a play, the summer term was every afternoon swimming and playing rounders. I got same results as alex, level 5's.

well done to Alex. There seems so much pressure on kid for SATS theses days, when I did mine it was no big deal at all, we actually did very little academic work in year 6, did a whole term just doing a play, the summer term was every afternoon swimming and playing rounders. I got same results as alex, level 5's.

Congrats to Alex - he's going far, that lad!:D

I'm so old I wouldn't even know when Year 6 was if I didn't know Alex's age! I think there is too much testing by far. It's OK for the kids that do well, but must be demoralising or demotivating for those that don't.

I agree with you Northerner! I dont see the point of SATS tests at all, they arent used for any purpose other than to swell the schools results tables!

It is, however, good for a parent to know what stage a child is at and whether they may need help with a particular subject.🙂Bev

Hi All...

On about the STAT's exam line......We did the Richmond Tests...multiple choice.....excellent....oooo I'm showing my age know....😱...lol

Heidi
xx🙂

I have the urge to call you a BOFFIN! lol. Mine were so little a deal that I have no idea what I got. I remember I got a 7 for science in the next SATs (year 9?!) and I thought that was amazing. Now my illusions are shattered - 7 is obviously rubbish at that age :D

Well done Alex, excellent results :D

Last edited:
I have the urgh to call you a BOFFIN! lol. Mine were so little a deal that I have no idea what I got. I remember I got a 7 for science in the next SATs (year 9?!) and I thought that was amazing. Now my illusions are shattered - 7 is obviously rubbish at that age :D

Well done Alex, excellent results :D

I've never been called that before lol! In year 9 I got 5 for English, 6 for science and 7 for maths. clearly my English didn't improve- as evidenced by the amount of posts I have to edit due to my bad spelling!

I've never been called that before lol! In year 9 I got 5 for English, 6 for science and 7 for maths. clearly my English didn't improve- as evidenced by the amount of posts I have to edit due to my bad spelling!

I'm one of those spelling bores - I have resisted so many times going in and correcting people's spelling in posts!:D I do amend thread titles, because I know that only moderators can do that, so I feel I am only doing what the people posting the threads would do. I'm the same with punctuation.😱

I'm sorry, it's just the way I am! I was talking to another programmer friend of mine, and we concluded that, because you need to be so precise when programming code, then we notice mistakes everywhere - much more than most other people would.

hahahe :D ok, i'll be proud of my 7 then - no doubt the other results were awful so ive blocked them from my mind!

I'm one of those spelling bores - I have resisted so many times going in and correcting people's spelling in posts!:D I do amend thread titles, because I know that only moderators can do that, so I feel I am only doing what the people posting the threads would do. I'm the same with punctuation.

I'm sorry, it's just the way I am! I was talking to another programmer friend of mine, and we concluded that, because you need to be so precise when programming code, then we notice mistakes everywhere - much more than most other people would.

lol, I'm really bad at spelling, I bet you've wanted to correct a few of my posts 😱 That must be why i'm bad at programming then 😉

...lol, I'm really bad at spelling, I bet you've wanted to correct a few of my posts 😱 That must be why i'm bad at programming then 😉

I'm also a proof reader, so maybe it's all the shuddering I do reading posts that keeps my levels low!:D

I got hooked on programming (get out your history book, katie!) when I bought a Sinclair ZX81 and tried to enter a program from a magazine (yes! we used to do that!). It didn't work, and an hour later I realised that there was a missing semi-colon...

The rest is (Northerner) history...:D

OOOh now i feel really old, no idea about sats, was 11plus when i was at school and gce and cse exams 😱

well done alex sounds like you did excelent like passing your 11plus and getting in grammar school,

ps sorry northener for spelling,cant remember how to spell excellent, i didnt pass 11plus or go to gramar school, he he 😱

I'm also a proof reader, so maybe it's all the shuddering I do reading posts that keeps my levels low!:D

I got hooked on programming (get out your history book, katie!) when I bought a Sinclair ZX81 and tried to enter a program from a magazine (yes! we used to do that!). It didn't work, and an hour later I realised that there was a missing semi-colon...

Those damn semi-colons! I miss them from my attempted PHP. I hate programming. [geek]I did I computer course at uni because I used to like making websites[/geek] I wish I had done something different, oh well!

Have you learnt PHP yet Northe? I need your expertise 😉

Northerner - i was a proof reader too! For a big insurance company!🙂Bev

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back