So cold

Status
Not open for further replies.

Lisaa

Relationship to Diabetes
Type 2
My husband is type two diabetic on insulin he was put in semiglutide tablets to help get his blood levels down as he needs a biopsy doing he had to stop taking the tablets over 10 days ago made him sick , but he’s still getting grumbling stomach and now as soon as he’s eaten he’s freezing cold to the point of shivering (checked his blood and it’s ok 6.5 ) this has been for 2 days now

Could he have a tummy bug or infection of some kind @Lisaa? There are some nasty viruses going round that can cause chills. Is he sweating and then feeling chilled, or does he just feel cold, if that makes sense?

He just feels cold his hands are like ice

It sounds like it’s unconnected to his diabetes then if his blood sugar is ok. A couple of months ago, I had a virus which started with intermittent shivering and feeling very cold even when I shouldn’t have done. Mine wasn’t connected to eating though.

Has he had his thyroid checked recently? That can mess with your temperature if something is a bit off with it.

Some people do feel cold after eating apparently, and if his stomach is a bit funny, then maybe his body is concentrating on digesting rather than keeping him warm:

https://www.healthline.com/nutrition/why-do-i-get-cold-after-i-eat#foods-with-a-cooling-effect

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back