So a good soak in the bath tub may be the key to success

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jenny65

Relationship to Diabetes
Type 2
I love having a hot bath but sometimes its a bit like a sauna I have it so hot, anyway I got to thinking whether a hot bath has any impact on blood sugar levels, a bit like hot weather can and this is what dear old google came up with

Soaking in a hot bath could help control type 2 diabetes, according to new research. A Leicester and Loughborough research team reports that taking a bath can reduce peak blood sugar levels by 10 per cent. They also found energy expenditure levels can be increased by 80 per cent, burning 126 calories per hour

Just off to find my rubber duck and raddox 🙂

Just tested this theory, My pre eating lunch level was 8.8, had lunch and then a hot bath, just taken my reading 2 hours after eating and its 6.2 rather than increased 🙂 I am pleasantly surprised by this (love hot baths so will have them daily before bed instead of a shower from now on.

For me, a shower does just the same!
I have never been a shower person myself, one of my sons is a fan but the rest of us are more like hippos and like to wallow 🙂

I hope in this time of drought you are reusing your bath water 🙄
I guess that's another advantage of baths over showers - you keep the water for your garden instead of it flowing down the drain.

I hope in this time of drought you are reusing your bath water 🙄
I guess that's another advantage of baths over showers - you keep the water for your garden instead of it flowing down the drain.
sadly no one to reuse it 🙂 I take your point though. I dont have a garden so cant use it for that. Myeldest son and his girlfriend who live together do share the bath (not at the same time) but for saving on fuel and water costs. I guess I could invite the postman in to have my second hand bath but he already thinks I am strange after the salad incident (long story)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back