snacks

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm not sure there is such a thing as a 'healthy' biscuit but other members may have a different view. For my part I snack on nuts, bite-size pieces of apple, Lindt 85% Dark Chocolate (but a bar will last me a week) or nut bars like KIND or Nature Valley (but never more than one a day, and usually one or the other).

are there any healthy biscuits i can take to work for a snacks
I keep away from the snacks as I usually can't keep to my prepared porton size and go back for more. It was hard in the beginning hut am much better now. I either find something to do, drink some water or go to the default position and eat some almonds. It takes time.

Have none off you thought this person mite not able to eat nuts
I’m sure they’d have specified in the post if they had a nut allergy or there was a nut ban at work, as it’s often very difficult to find biscuits that don’t have a “may contain nuts” warning. I don’t eat nuts in public though due to other peoples allergies.

are there any healthy biscuits i can take to work for a snacks
What do you mean by “healthy”?
This may sound like a trite question but for some it can be something low carb. For others it could be low fat. As mentioned above, it could be not containing nuts.
Plus there is the question of quantity. The answer may be very different if you plan to eat a biscuit every other day or whether you eat a whole packet in each sitting.
Sorry to be pedantic but I do not think there is a single definition of “healthy” because we are all different.

hi thanks for your reply. sorry i was not clear. imean low in fat and carbs. and i would only eat a couple just to keep me going till i get home from work. has i find i get a bit light headed if i dont have a bit of something. am type 2.

i find i get a bit light headed if i dont have a bit of something. am type 2.
How do you treat your diabetes?
Do you test your blood sugar when you are feeling low?

Sorry for the questions but being a bit light headed is not good. If you eat a suitable lunch, you should be able to get through the day without snacking due to hunger. So, it may be worth checking your blood sugar is not low … or over than your body is used to due to your low carb diet.

i am on metformin. i was just diagnosed a few week. just trying to get my head round it. i only work a few hours a day so i get home for lunch. its just to keep me going till then.

no not been told to check my bloods

@allybev60 You’d find it really useful if you did. Part of your lightheaded feelings might be due to you improving your blood glucose. Your body gets used to higher levels and then when you go down to more normal levels, it can feel weird to your body because it’s not used to it.

As for biscuits, if you really need something, you could try an oatcake or two (5g carbs each) or a rice cake or two. It would be more filling if you could have some protein with them eg peanut butter or cottage cheese or whatever. There are also other savoury biscuits/crackers that are lower carb, often around 3g carbs. Only take what you’re going to eat so that you’re not tempted to keep eating.

All depends on what your diet is I've overhauled my diet I used to snack in between meals and that is how I got to being a overweight and sugars out of control.

I have changed my diet to 2 meals a day and no snacking I don't feel hungry at all and my lunch is around 2ish and dinner round 8 and my levels have been between 4 and 7 the best they have ever been.

I'm mainly on low carb diet eating lots of protein, eggs and fats I'm more fuller now then when I used to eat carbs such as bread and pasta etc. I drink about 3litres of water a day and that helps big time

I'm mainly on low carb diet eating lots of protein, eggs and fats I'm more fuller now then when I used to eat carbs such as bread and pasta etc. I drink about 3litres of water a day and that helps big time

Interesting to hear that you are finding your low carb menu more sustaining for you @dalebyrne88 - it is something others have mentioned too. Perhaps because of the increase in protein and good fats that can come with low carb, which generally help you to feel fuller for longer. And keeping well hydrated can help a lot too.

I find my temptation to snack comes in waves, and once I’ve had a few days of snacking at a particular time, I begin to get hungry just before then, which makes it hard to break the habit 🙄

But if I have a change of routine and break the cycle I lose the hunger pangs and it’s easier to get absorbed in other things without the gnawing feeling.

In large part I think that will depend on how your metabolism controls feelings of fullness and hunger (your genes). And also on how easily available snacks are (environment).

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back