Smoothies

Status
Not open for further replies.
Please can you suggest recipes for smoothies.
Many people find smoothies are not too helpful as they increase blood glucose more than you would expect from the individual ingredients. The often have banana which is high carb and is used to give then the right texture.
Have a look on the internet for low carb or keto smoothie recipes, you may find some to your taste.
I would recommend you test your blood glucose before and 2 hours after you have had it to check if you can tolerate it.

The problem with smoothies is that they break down the structure of the food which 1. Makes the glucose those foods contain more quickly and easily digested and absorbed into the blood stream.... and 2. Chewing food takes longer and is part of the mechanism which helps us to feel sated after eating, so "drinking" our food can lead to us feeling hungry again later and wanting more. For these reasons, I tend not to blend soups anymore now but try to keep them chunky.
That said, if this is going to be the best way of getting healthy veggies into your system then you have to weigh up and decide if the benefits outweigh the concerns. Testing before and 2 hours afterwards will tell you if your body tolerated whatever concoction you find enjoyable.

I could not devise one which did not cause a spike 5 years ago, so the Nutribullet is still like new.

Like the other posts I would avoid smoothies due to the high level of released sugar.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back