smoothie recipes

• Thread starter Thread starter Deleted member 34756
  • Start date Start date
Status
Not open for further replies.
D

Deleted member 34756

What homemade smoothie recipes does everyone enjoy?

Personally I have given up on smoothies as I don't think they are a good option because they break the structure of food down to the point that any carbs they contain are far more easily digested, so hit the blood stream quicker. It is also more satisfying to chew food and that helps to prevent hunger and over eating by slowing down the digestive process. I am applying the same principle to soups now and try to keep them chunky rather than blended for the same reason.

Sorry to put a slightly negative take on your thread, but it is a point worth considering for people with Type 2 particularly.

I really must find a home for my Nutribullet as I can't see me ever using it again and it is just taking up space in my kitchen.... along with my toaster and toasted sandwich maker....

None - I bought a Nutribullet just before being diagnosed, and found that there were distinct disadvantages to making a smoothie, even using salad stuff as it pulverizes everything and makes the cell contents instantly digestible.
It is handy for making something to thicken soups or stews etc, but for its intended purpose, not so much.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back