Smartwatches that measure Blood glucose levels

Status
Not open for further replies.

Pinkshoes

Relationship to Diabetes
Type 2
Any recommentions for smartwatches that measure Blood glucose levels, as i am fed up with pricking my finger, there seems to be lots of advertisments for them , but do they actually do what they promise? One that seems to keep popping up is "Libiyi smartwatch". Has anyone had any experience with this one ?

All the reviews I have read are very unimpressed. I think they all say that they are not for medical use.

Here are a few trials that have been done with them:

You say you are fed up with finger pricking. Are you finding it painful or just something you would rather not do?
If you are finding it painful, maybe you need to look at your technique - are you hands clean and warm? do you get enough blood? is your lancet depth appropriate? are you using the side or pad or your finger?
(Apologies if I am teaching you to suck eggs. It is just that, as someone with Type 1, I was pricking myself 8 to 10 times a day with no problems. I now use a CGM but this is not to avoid finger pricks but to tell me what is going on between pricks.)

None of them are of any use, as @helli says. If you see one without small print pointing out that they are unsuitable for medical use, it will be a scam.

One day maybe, but if and when that day comes, they will not need much advertising.

Any recommentions for smartwatches that measure Blood glucose levels, as i am fed up with pricking my finger, there seems to be lots of advertisments for them , but do they actually do what they promise? One that seems to keep popping up is "Libiyi smartwatch". Has anyone had any experience with this one ?

They’re all rubbish. No point in googling or looking. Libiyi has loads of complaints about it. Avoid! And avoid all the others too!

Libiyi smart watch obviously does not measure nlood glucose, I contacted them to send it back for a refund and they offered me 15 dollars instead. Complete rubbish, honestly don't bother it's not worth the stress. After it turned off, it could not even tell the time

Cheap watches, false advertising, complete rubbish don't fall for it.
Ask for a freestyle libre or dexcom but you do still need to test your blood.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back