Smartwatches for Dexcom G6

Status
Not open for further replies.

Geordiegirl59

Relationship to Diabetes
Type 1
Hi, I have just joined this forum. I’m thinking of getting a smartwatch for my Dexcom G6 so that I don’t have to keep getting my phone out of my bag. Any recommendations would be appreciated.

Thanks

Hi I have had Dexcom 6 in the past and used a Toc watch which well but you will need a third party app such as Xdrip that goes for any smart watch.

What phone do you have? If you have an iPhone you could try an apple smart watch, I think my daughter’s is the SE and her phone is iPhone 8. You run the Dexcom app on the phone and the watch synchronises with it. Whether you can see the Dexcom details constantly or not depends on what face you choose within the watch software.

That’s really helpful. I use my IPhone 8 for my Dexcom but find it a pain to keep having to take my phone out my bag.

Is it easy to set up on the watch?

My daughter says it was a little bit fiddly but not difficult, the phone and watch basically talk you through what to do when setting the watch up. Check the Dexcom website which will tell you which models of watch are compatible. Hope that helps 🙂

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back